Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

(split) CodeWalrus Minecraft Server

Started by brentmaas, October 12, 2015, 12:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

IIRC one of the old dev's went salty and blew up the whole project by making some piece of code have a licence where literally every code needs to be open source, including Mojang's.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Yuki

Pretty much it, that was a problem with licencing. That and the devs probably went to work at Mojang or something.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Snektron

Yeah i know at least some of the devs work at mojang now

Dream of Omnimaga

I think I am missing something here...

So basically, we can get a cease and desist letter by making our own project open-source? Or did Bukkit license just forced Minecraft team to make Minecraft open-source in order to be used with it?

EDIT: I added the servers to the first post.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

Quote from: SiphonicSugar on October 20, 2015, 08:08:57 PM
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on October 13, 2015, 01:29:23 PM
Quote from: c4ooo on October 13, 2015, 10:52:58 AM
* c4ooo chucks a ram stick at DJ
* c4ooo runs

The best servers are those where you play with a few close friends in vanilla and stuff  8)

Vanilla gets boring easily though
Eh, not when you used advanced command block things like my friend and I do.  We have a whole money system that displays on the scoreboard, which can be turned into the amount of xp you have...
Well, yeah. Not that kind of vanilla. What is meant by vanilla is the stock no-cheating-no-console-survival experience. Which gets boring quite fast.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Araidia

Quote from: aeTIos on December 11, 2015, 02:07:50 PM
* c4ooo runs

The best servers are those where you play with a few close friends in vanilla and stuff  8)

Eh, not when you used advanced command block things like my friend and I do.  We have a whole money system that displays on the scoreboard, which can be turned into the amount of xp you have...
Well, yeah. Not that kind of vanilla. What is meant by vanilla is the stock no-cheating-no-console-survival experience. Which gets boring quite fast.
Have you seen Ethoslab? He's done 430 episodes of Minecraft vanilla survival(except for episode 404).
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Yuki

Eh, I'm not a fan of survival either. What is fun is building stuff.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Snektron

Quote from: Araidia on December 11, 2015, 04:06:48 PM
* c4ooo runs

Have you seen Ethoslab? He's done 430 episodes of Minecraft vanilla survival(except for episode 404).

He probably forces himself for more views :P

Araidia

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on December 11, 2015, 04:31:21 PM
Quote from: Araidia on December 11, 2015, 04:06:48 PM
* c4ooo runs

He probably forces himself for more views :P
He says that it takes him a whole day to make a minecraft video, and when he made the Don't Starve episodes, he was able to publish 10 episodes a day. If he wanted more views, he could just easily just go to other games. I think he just really enjoys Minecraft and that's what he does.
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

alexgt

Etho is my favorite youtuber ^.^ I have watched all of his episodes  and am still glad he is making minecraft vanilla not to mention he keeps it very interesting
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

@Juju any idea why I am unable to connect to the server by the way? Is it due to me having Minecraft 1.8.9?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 15, 2015, 07:59:27 AM
@Juju any idea why I am unable to connect to the server by the way? Is it due to me having Minecraft 1.8.9?
Probably because I ced up with the networking. It should be back on.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

alexgt

Wait, when did we get a server?!

What is the IP
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

It's actually in the first post as well. (along with Bosaiknet MC server)