Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Minecraft] [HP Prime] MinePrime - Minecraft on a Hp Prime!

Started by alexgt, April 20, 2015, 12:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

Never say never :P. But you can play in the emulator ;)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

SiphonicSugar

• Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on January 24, 2016, 03:25:10 PM
Yup that is what I meant. And a matrix that is 50x15 (what I used for Zampy's Quest) is just over 20KB so GROBs are certainly smaller, IDK why since they have to store color and transparency values also.
Probably because the HP Prime uses 32768 colors instead of 65536. That's the trade-off for having transparency support, I think.
Quote from: SiphonicSugar on January 25, 2016, 04:10:07 AM
You know, too bad that I will never get an HP calculator... This version of Minecraft looks really promising!
Sorry to hear. It would have been cool if you got the Prime D:

You can use the emulator and connectivity kit, though, to code.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

alexgt

I got a new and improved title screen!

Update (Kinda):
- Added 73 new blocks (ID list will be updated when I get around to it :P)
- Added break animations (not in the game but are there in .png form)
- Didn't code anything for gameplay (focusing on making the code readable and understandable)

Made poll about how big world size should be! (Voting will end when it becomes irrelevant to current progress :P)

Dudeman313

Nice! With my emulator, I'll get to play Minecraft for the very first time when this is finished!
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

alexgt

Well it certainly won't be finished soon (I started this in early 2015 so almost a year later it is at v3 and hardly any coed has been written xD) but progress is being made ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow this looks even better. How did you do the text by the way? Did you make the background a big picture instead of a tilemap? Did you use special text effects for the 3D perspective on the copyright or did you just draw it on a gray background so that you can still have anti-aliasing without noticeable artifacts?

As for world size, I think it should be 500x150 for maximum features and less RAM hiccups
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

I used http://textcraft.net/ for the text so the MINEPRIME logo is made by me, then I just used GIMP 2 to copy the stone, ore, player, and pickaxe textures into one layer and outputted it as a .png so I could add it to the app.

There is an update and I will record a screen shot but all it is is the level selector menu. It has touch scrolling too (exactly like SIFS but more optimized and faster ;))

And also @timwessman there is a bug (I think) it throws errors when you use length() in a for loop like this:

LOCAL FileList
FileList:=AFiles();
FOR A FROM 1 TO length(FileList) DO
//Code
END;

And it isn't a problem with AFiles() or that it is a LOCAL var (I tried not using both)

I have it working but I just used length outside of any loops ;)

EDIT: Video!

timwessman

Change it to SIZE(...) rather then length(...) and you will work fine I think. Basically, CAS commands don't have access to local variables yet in your version.

As a general rule, avoid any commands in lowercase. Those will be CAS commands and be much, much slower then the uppercase ones.
TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the comments and opinions I post here are my own.

alexgt

oh really, cool I didn't know that ;) thanks (and I forgot about SIZE to xD)

SiphonicSugar

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 26, 2016, 08:01:58 AM
Quote from: alexgt on January 24, 2016, 03:25:10 PM
Yup that is what I meant. And a matrix that is 50x15 (what I used for Zampy's Quest) is just over 20KB so GROBs are certainly smaller, IDK why since they have to store color and transparency values also.
Probably because the HP Prime uses 32768 colors instead of 65536. That's the trade-off for having transparency support, I think.
Quote from: SiphonicSugar on January 25, 2016, 04:10:07 AM
You know, too bad that I will never get an HP calculator... This version of Minecraft looks really promising!
Sorry to hear. It would have been cool if you got the Prime D:

You can use the emulator and connectivity kit, though, to code.
Well, maybe I might get it... You convince me... And also it seems like it is  really fast...
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

alexgt

Dream of Omnimaga

alexgt

Another update!
- Added New World menu, includes Big World, Med World, Small World, and Custom world. Since that was kinda the census of the poll (So the poll is taken down since it has been decided ;))
- Working on world generation
- Working on basic player movement and map drawing after world gen in some what working (I just need a world to test stuff in)
- Completed world loading and creating inderectly (I just have to add one more line for world loading. For creating I just need to finish the GenRandoWorld() function :P)

Dream of Omnimaga

Did you change the main sprite placeholder to the one shown in the title screen, by the way? Also I thought that world generation was already done a few months ago? Glad to see new progress, though! :)