Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Is It possible to program buttons to move cursor on screen ?

Started by mrhoola, September 27, 2015, 05:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrhoola

I dont know how to program an inspire nor do I know if the following is possible

Is it possible to program the Ti Nspire Cx CAS's numeric keys 2,4,6,8 to move the cursor (down, left, right , up) on the screen while holding the control button ? I think it will make it more comfortable to maneuver in scratch pad . It also seems more convenient and less time consuming. It would make me very happy if it were possible , Thank you very much for taking the time to read this !! :)

novenary

It's possible with ndless, I wouldn't do it myself though as I'm not really interested in hacking around with the OS (I don't even use my nspire except for one project anyway). Other devs like @Vogtinator should know more than me about this.

Vogtinator

Yes, it is definitely possible with ndless. For usb HIDn four syscalls were integrated into the SDK, get_event, send_key_event, send_click_event and send_pad_event.
If you hook the keyboard scan routine and send a pad_event, it should work fine. It's fairly tricky to get hooks working correctly, so it's definitely something you need some nspire-related programming experience for.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspie CX CAS, Casio FX-85ES

mrhoola

Alright. Thanks.   Does sound quite intricate. 

mrhoola