Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

C SDK and Libraries for the TI84+CE/TI8PCE

Started by MateoConLechuga, January 29, 2016, 02:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MateoConLechuga

Got it :) The graphc library+header has been readded in, with an annoying #warning message everytime someone compiles with it or looks at the header :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I think it's good to leave that in, because that helps for compatibility with older projects and programmers won't wonder why all of a sudden their game no longer compiles or has errors during run time. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

c4ooo

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 21, 2016, 06:27:24 AM
Yay about #2. :D And yeah a BASIC parser hook would be nice. I know @c4ooo absolutely wants a parser hook-based lib for BASIC coders that is standalone (eg not require one specific shell) so perhaps he would be interested in making a lib that lets BASIC coders use the C libs? It would be kinda standard too since the C libs are already heavily used by C coders.
@DJ Omnimaga @MateoConLechuga This is a great idea. Infact i have already considered pausing work on my shell and starting the API. Maybe i can also include @DrDnar's TextLibCE and @grosged's sprite lib.

Dream of Omnimaga

As long as they're standalone, as in, not require installing your shell. We are trying to avoid repeating the same issue as with xLIBCE, right?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

MateoConLechuga

Basically, I think that a single program to install/uninstall the parser hook would be best. It would eliminate any need to have a ton of different programs and hook chaining in order to perform hybrid basic operations, of which it seems to me seems a little daunting at the moment.

Dream of Omnimaga

Well, what I meant is that for example, there are some people who would like to use xLIBCE without being forced to put Doors CE 9 on their calculator, especially those who prefer Cesium or PHASM and are not willing to have two shells on their calc. c4ooo was one of the people to express that sentiment so I thought that his last post about including CE Textlib and Sprites v3 inside his shell was kinda contradictory. I might have misunderstood, though, so perhaps further clarification would be nice. But yeah, a program to install all hooks would be nice, if that's feasible with a potentially growing set of libs.

But yeah, back on the C libs topic, it would definitively be cool if someone made a parser hook that allowed the use of those libs in TI-BASIC. Since many C programs use the libs, most people will eventually have them on their calculator, so when downloading hybrid games they would have even less stuff to send to their calc.

MateoConLechuga

Minor update to the makefile to fix some spelling errors and make time issues that occasionally happened. Should work better on Linux too, @Unicorn :)

https://github.com/CE-Programming/toolchain/releases/latest

Dream of Omnimaga

Adriweb

• Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dream of Omnimaga

That doesn't tell me much but thanks anyway :P

MateoConLechuga

Minor makefile update that properly fixes a race condition if your computer is fast... Haha :P

https://github.com/CE-Programming/toolchain/releases/latest

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait... did it actually fail to compile or something if your computer was too fast? XD

* DJ Omnimaga hopes that in 10 years, programming with C SDK for TI-84+CE won't require something like DOSBox with old PC games. :P

MateoConLechuga

Haha, yeah. It was just a minor thing that not a lot of people would have experienced, just a thing that depended on how fast and in what order your OS would like to execute things :)

And actually, there's no DOS box or anything. All you do to compile a program is type 'make' at the command line. :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait, is the C SDK entirely command line-based when it comes to compiling stuff? This might deter some programmers, since most Windows users prefer working through GUI's (eg like in TIGCC where we can compile programs with a single click). Or maybe I misunderstood something (I don't use C)

MateoConLechuga

Actually, I should really clarify this. The toolchain is based around a makefile, which pretty much any C IDE can hook into. So you can use any editor, Atom, Qt, Eclipse, etc, and it will provide any interface you want to use for compiling, be it a little button or whatever. :) I prefer to go the shell route, because I find it easier.