Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What instruments do you play/have you played?

Started by Vijfhoek, December 06, 2014, 11:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

My little brother and sister play piano... Sometimes it's just so irritating >.>
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Juju on January 23, 2015, 06:26:58 PM
No Skrillex, a macbook is not an instrument.

Also yeah that would be possible, isn't there some guy who loaded all the samples in FL Studio?

Also I restarting playing some piano. Or tried to. I want to play some music from Touhou. :P
Yeah I remember the topic on TIMGUL a few years ago. I don't think he ever published them, though (not that he would be able to, anyway, since Music 2000 license prevents you from redistributing them for use in other music softwares (it's up to the music maker to rip them himself). But again maybe it was just if you were planning to make your own software that it wasn't allowed.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Vijfhoek

Quote from: aeTIos on January 21, 2015, 01:11:11 PM
Besides street you should get quicker with learning x) you're still just practicing your strumming while I'm already practicing chord progression :P

Chord progression? Chord progression? Pfft, skipped that cr*p, not metal enough!
Joking aside, I never bothered to really learn about that kind of thing. I just want to play awesome songs :D

Dream of Omnimaga

I personally can't stand any music that has no chord progression nor any pitch variation >.< (eg most brutal death metal). There are also some melodies that don't appeal to me as much. For me the melody is a big priority when I listen to a song and if it's good enough then sometimes the song genre doesn't even matter (this is why, for example, I like one Madonna song)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

123outerme

I used to play the cello. Now, I play the bassoon, alto sax, and piano. I can play Linus & Lucy on the piano >:D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Vijfhoek

So I've been working on learning this part on guitar:

It's the intro solo of Dream Theater - The Count of Tuscany ( ), about 30 seconds in.

It's actually going pretty well, and I'm actively noticing improvement :D

matrefeytontias

Broken links very. Also wow, that's good O.O

EDIT: nvm, my browser derped.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+.fr, TI-Nspire CAS prototype, TI-84+ CSE, TI-Nspire CX
My TI games (some got their own article on non-calc websites !) : http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/112/11202.html

My moozik (100% free metal) : http://www.soundcloud.com/matrefeytontias

Vijfhoek

Measures 28 and 30 are kind of really tough though...
I'm currently just playing the scale over and over again until I can play it without even thinking about it :P

novenary

Quote from: Vijfhoek on January 24, 2015, 01:58:15 AM
Quote from: aeTIos on January 21, 2015, 01:11:11 PM
Besides street you should get quicker with learning x) you're still just practicing your strumming while I'm already practicing chord progression :P

Chord progression? Chord progression? Pfft, skipped that cr*p, not metal enough!
Joking aside, I never bothered to really learn about that kind of thing. I just want to play awesome songs :D
Ikr. After a few days I basically grabbed a video tutorial on how to play Highway to Hell and tackled it. I can play the first riff kinda good now but I still need a bunch of practice to make it perfect.

matrefeytontias

Heh, chord progression IS metal. Don't mistake metal for djent. How do you do all teh soloz without chord progression ?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+.fr, TI-Nspire CAS prototype, TI-84+ CSE, TI-Nspire CX
My TI games (some got their own article on non-calc websites !) : http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/112/11202.html

My moozik (100% free metal) : http://www.soundcloud.com/matrefeytontias

Dream of Omnimaga

Vijfhoek nice :D. I assume that learning DT must be hard because of the time signature changes.

aetios

Quote from: matrefeytontias on January 25, 2015, 10:56:43 PM
Heh, chord progression IS metal. Don't mistake metal for djent. How do you do all teh soloz without chord progression ?
I kinda just meant transitions between chords but used the wrong term :P I've been practicing a bunch yesterday and I feel like I'm getting better. Also tried some fingerstyle on the intro of Clocks. It's recognizable so I guess that counts?
ceci n'est pas une signature

Vijfhoek

Heh, I was more kidding than anything :)

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 26, 2015, 12:26:18 AM
Vijfhoek nice :D. I assume that learning DT must be hard because of the time signature changes.

It is kind of tough indeed - most of the verse before the calm synthy part is written in 9/8, it really feels weird to play.

--EDIT- Quoting more than 1 person in tapatalk sucks...
--EDIT2- Dun ****ed up there

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Vijfhoek on January 26, 2015, 06:56:55 AM
Heh, I was more kidding than anything :)

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 26, 2015, 12:26:18 AM
It is kind of tough indeed - most of the verse before the calm synthy part is written in 9/8, it really feels weird to play.

--EDIT- Quoting more than 1 person in tapatalk sucks...
Indeed. I always end up double-posting by mistake ;D (although it seems you forgot to put an actual reply to my quote lol)

Vijfhoek

[ot]Haha woops, accidentally put my reply in between the quote tags[/ot]