Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Cheers to Constant Tau: A Dialogue About Tau

Started by JWinslow23, February 06, 2017, 02:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: DarkestEx on March 01, 2017, 08:16:13 PM
or fighting on YouTube about it.
Yeah IMHO that was a bit why I kept an eye on those Tau discussions on CW. I noticed that  we got users who have much stronger opinions about pi and tau than about politics and religion and I checked in case some discussions becomes blown out of propotion just about something like this. O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

There's a SouthPark episode about timetravel and in the future there's a war about how the atheist community should be called (something like "Atheist's Allience" or "Allience of the Atheists"). The episode was so ridiculous I laughed at it.
Now I begin to realize we humans are even worse than I thought, fighting this strong about such a thing... That's actually pretty sad

anyways, back to topic:
make pi great again!!1! :walrii:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

JWinslow23

I realize you say "Make Pi Great Again" in jest, but mind you, pi was never great in the first place ;)

Also, Michael Hartl actually read my play through an email I gave him about it. He said he "thoroughly enjoyed reading it", but one thing to improve the factuality of the play would be to switch the roles so he was the convincer, rather than the convincee. So the roles of Vi and Mike have been switched (so can someone check if there are the proper gender pronouns?).

Sorunome

Quote from: DarkestEx on March 01, 2017, 08:16:13 PM
[...]
I am absolutely fine with the idea of Tau, however I think some people (not you) are taking this too far.
Like e.g. adding it to Python or fighting on YouTube about it.
How is adding a useful constant to a widely used programming language "taking this too far" ???
  • Calculators owned: Too many (why are you even reading this?)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Gamebuino!
This is a signature.
And now......give me an internet!

To be or not to be.........is that even a question? Who gets to decide this anyways?