Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Help with Android phone repair

Started by Caleb Hansberry, March 13, 2015, 10:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Because something went wrong in the process and the ROM can't boot. Have you tried plugging it to an adb to see if you can read the logs?
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Did you flash boot.img? thats the mistake i made (and the fist time i tried to flash an OS is flashed something for a Maximus HD on my One S ;D)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Caleb Hansberry

Not sure how I would read logs if I plugged it into adb. Maybe you could give me steps? I restored the old OS but can reflash cyanogen if it helps.
I flashed a zip selecting "Install zip from SD card".
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+SE, TI-84+SE, TI-85, TI-89, TI-99/4A
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HP Portable Plus 110, Toshiba T3100, Toshiba T5200, GRiD 1660, TI-99/4A, Apple IIgs, and much more than I can list here

Snektron

The boot.img can be found in the zip or your OS. You need to flash it via fastboot.exe via "fastboot flash boot boot.img" (where boot.img is the location of boot.img ofcourse). I'm not sure though, because i've read somewhere that TWRP / CWM now automatically flash boot.img. It's worth a double check though :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

novenary

Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on March 20, 2015, 08:26:55 AM
Nope, last versions aren't rooted. My opo isn't.
Because you have a stock rom. Google doesn't allow manufacturers to root their devices out of the box.

Quote from: Caleb Hansberry on March 21, 2015, 04:20:26 PM
Not sure how I would read logs if I plugged it into adb. Maybe you could give me steps? I restored the old OS but can reflash cyanogen if it helps.
I flashed a zip selecting "Install zip from SD card".
Try to run adb logcat with the device plugged in.