Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

General site updates, TODO list and discussion

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 12, 2014, 07:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

novenary

The design is fine as it is. Everyone likes it and we've  spent many hours tweaking it to our liking. Feel free to suggest improvements, but we won't let you redo it from scratch unless you can show us a design we like and it is compatible with SMF.

Ephraim Becker

• Calculators owned: TI 84 Plus, TI 84 Plus C Silver Edition, TI 84 Plus CE, Casio FX-9750 GII
I have Aspergers Syndrome

bb010g

Quote from: Streetwalrus on November 01, 2015, 12:58:12 AM
Feel free to suggest improvements, but we won't let you redo it from scratch...
More, you're free to do remake or reproduce anything you want on here from scratch, but that's at your own discretion. Its future use here is neither guaranteed nor denied.

Quote from: Ephraim Becker on November 01, 2015, 12:59:14 AM
What exactly is SMF?
https://lmddgtfy.net/?q=SMF
  • Calculators owned: HP 50g, Prime, 28S, 35S, Casio Prizm, dead Nspire CX CAS

Ephraim Becker

SMF looks pretty old fashioned unless i'm wrong and I can modernize it with CSS.
  • Calculators owned: TI 84 Plus, TI 84 Plus C Silver Edition, TI 84 Plus CE, Casio FX-9750 GII

Yuki

You're wrong, you can modernize it with CSS if you want.

Also, introducing the [video] tag! It's pretty much like img tags but for videos. controls, width and height parameters supported!
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

bb010g

Edit: Could you give a rundown of how [video] works?
  • Calculators owned: HP 50g, Prime, 28S, 35S, Casio Prizm, dead Nspire CX CAS

Yuki

It's not for YouTube. We have [youtube] for that.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

novenary

It's not meant for YouTube videos, it's a simple wrapper around the html5 <video> tag.
Oh, ninja'd by Juju.

Dream of Omnimaga

SMF 2.1 comes out in 1-2 years and we'll most likely start working on a 2.1 theme shortly afterwards. But we're on SMF to stay.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Ephraim Becker

Should I grab the beta and start work on a theme?

Dream of Omnimaga

No, beta themes will not work in final version and RC1 themes won't either. We can't start until final version and I think we will most likely use a similar-looking theme anyway, since we don't see what's wrong with it.

If you dislike CW theme so much as to say it looks like it's straight from the 80's (see IRC logs) and that the site needs to be redone then you probably can always start your own calc forum if you aren't fine with the existing ones, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Lionel Debroux

QuoteIf you dislike CW theme so much as to say it looks like it's straight from the 80's (see IRC logs) and that the site needs to be redone then you probably can always start your own calc forum if you aren't fine with the existing ones, though.
Looks like he's still as rude as before, so good luck attracting non-insignificant following on a brand-new site...

The current site design looks functional enough.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you mean myself or Ephraim? Because I could understand that my post can come accross as rude by people who missed part of the context (half of his feedback was posted on IRC), past history, as well as what recently happened in #omnimaga and #knightos.

Lionel Debroux

Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

DarkestEx

Lol WTF is happening?!
The theme of CW is great. Even on mobile devices. Though on the go I am using the WAP2 one most of the time as my prepaid data plan would be dying otherwise (8MB ~ 1 EUR)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2