Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

General site updates, TODO list and discussion

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 12, 2014, 07:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

No problem. Somebody will probably need to modify it so that it also shows up on board index, though, but smaller and with only 10-15 topics at a time.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

pimathbrainiac

So SimplePortal is installed, and it is awesome. Feel free to mess around with it if you don't like the current configuration, DJ. (And yes, still hidden to guests)
Well, I'm bach here too!

pimathbrainiac

OmnomIRC is pseudo-implimented (if someone wants to fix the width, that'd be great). We also have a chanserv reserved channel on freenode now (#CodeWalrus) that Omnom is linked to. I still need to create a cron job for WalriiBot/TopicBot, though.

Also first double post.
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

Width fixed, at least in Chrome/Opera. Now we need an EFnet channel for people from #cemetech and #ti who don't want to join multiple networks.

Also I think there was another double-post before :P. That reminds me, I still need to write down some rules. I want to keep them short, but get the point across.

Also yeah news have been redone so that we can submit any topic without having to move them in a news sub-forum. Kinda like Cemetech I guess. I was surprised that Simpleportal now had exactly what I wanted (well, almost, but it does the job for now). Back in 2008, SimplePortal was so limited. >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

pimathbrainiac

I'll take care of efnet linking after we set up eggdrop. Do we want eggdrop hosted on the same server as the site, or somewhere else?
Well, I'm bach here too!

novenary

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 17, 2014, 03:37:51 AM
Also yeah news have been redone so that we can submit any topic without having to move them in a news sub-forum. Kinda like Cemetech I guess. I was surprised that Simpleportal now had exactly what I wanted (well, almost, but it does the job for now). Back in 2008, SimplePortal was so limited. >.<
Oh that's really nice, now we don't need to hack around with mods. :D

Also pimath, shouldn't we just use Omnom for cross network syncing ?

Dream of Omnimaga

Multiple places. A botnet needs multiple bots hosted at multiple places to be secure. We were lucky to survive on 2 unlinked bots on #omnimaga for as long as we did.

2  bots should be on the server, using two different EFnet servers that are known to be reliable and bot-friendly. Same for some other staff. Ideally, having 6-7 bots through 4-5 different connections and 2-3 EFnet servers would probably do the trick.

However, we need to fix OmnomIRC online list because it currently misses the forum users.

Btw our todo list is shrinking. I didn't remove the striked stuff yet because at one point I'll reinstall a fresh copy of SMF then re-install all mods to fix the package manager, to ensure everything is clean. Once that is done and that whatever is working so far still works, I'll edit the list to only include what still needs to be done.

I am surprised we got Omnom working this fast and without too much hassle so far (although I notice occasional server lag), but yeah there are still some other things I want to fix before starting inviting people .

novenary

Having znc idling with the autoop module should work well enough as a botnet. We can use withg znc for one connection, Juju might have another one, we can ask Soru about it and then we have the znc hosted on our server in case OmnomIRC dies.

pimathbrainiac

Maybe we can host some eggdrop here, and some on Juju's server? I like Freenode because there is no need for a botnet.
Well, I'm bach here too!

novenary

Yeah, Efnet really sucks balls for not having services and this stupid nickname limit. We can also spin up some random free VPS on that site I found to host some zncs on there. We just need to login to the control panel periodically because they shut down the thing without notice if you don't log in for a month (we could automate it though :P).

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: pimathbrainiac on November 17, 2014, 07:17:11 PM
Maybe we can host some eggdrop here, and some on Juju's server? I like Freenode because there is no need for a botnet.
Same. The only reason why I want the channel to use multiple networks like #omnimaga currently does is for visibility:

-EFnet: has no services, but has #ti, #cemetech and #omnimaga
-Omninet: has services plus #omnimaga, but no other calculator channel.
-Freenode: has services and #knightos, but no other calculator channel.

And many people do not like to connect to multiple networks at once. I myself can only use two, because IRCCloud only allows 2 networks at a time unless you pay.

Also site update, since we have 1 member now: member permissions have been edited accordingly with the following post ranks:

0 posts: New User (can't send PM, upload attachments)
1 posts: New User (uploading attachments now possible, but requires approval)
5 posts: New User (can now send PMs)
20 posts: Full User (nothing special, but in the future this will be the minimum post limit to use OmnomIRC.)
500 posts: Super User (can edit custom rank title)

novenary

There's also #inspired on Efnet for nspire dev (it's totally inactive though lol).

Dream of Omnimaga

Indeed. Also I am kinda surprised that channel, which is ran by TI-Planet, is still part of the extra OmnomIRC channels on Omni, considering what happened between TI-Planet and Omnimaga last Winter. Codewalr.us will probably not have extra chans unless it eventually affiliates with Omnimaga or something in the future.

Yuki

They probably forgot it existed in the extra channels.

Also trying to make stuff work, I'll keep you updated.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here