Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Weird Links [possibly nsfw]

Started by Snektron, February 13, 2015, 10:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKH4

My mom is generally not that narrow minded compared to some but it can still be difficult to deal with. When I have to go to church it really makes me mad when they tell you to confront people about not being Christian.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

Yep, in my opinion they are allowed to tell people about being Christian but they shouldn't tell people to be Christian.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on April 08, 2015, 12:46:36 PM
In France, the original cartoon got aired off way years before. Now we have more or less The Daltons running. Not so bad.
THey still air them at a local TV channel every holiday over here. Maybe due to high demand during Christmas and being classics.

Quote from: CKH4 on April 08, 2015, 01:58:07 PM
If my mom saw me watching it I'd be yelled at for like twenty minutes on why god is the answer. I don't really believe in any of the major religions so its kinda difficult for me and my mom to agree on anything related to religion.
I would definitively have moved out to my own appartment long before I was about to turn 21 if I had to deal with this. I believe in the freedom of religion and choice and even when we do have those freedoms I believe that we shouldn't try to force our beliefs on others.

I hope at least that your mom doesn't go as far as blocking websites that says anything against religion, even if they are just jokes/parodies >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

CKH4

It was a large over exaggeration but she'd probably at least make me stop watching it. Also she is a technology invalid so I have more computer power than her.

Dream of Omnimaga

Could she prevent you from visiting for example Cemetech, Omni or CW if she ever managed to follow a link via browser history and saw a post that makes fun of religion?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Let's hope it never comes to that O.O

Dream of Omnimaga

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

THere are some little villages to sell in France too. Probably too big to repair alone but probably nice to check out.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Just waiting for the same incident as a few years back to happen, where some kid bought a F-16 of ebay for like $500000 with his parent's money

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait, did a kid really do that? O.O I wonder how it turned out...

As for the village it would be interesting to see how the village can be used, though. Would a rich family just end up living there and maintain the houses? Would it be converted into a touristic venue or would it be razed for condominium development?

Snektron

Or maybe some exclusive resort...

Anyways, i googled and i found this article on the jet, if you're interested: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/eBay-Harrier-fighter-Jet-Online-Auction,news-10090.html

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh wow, that reminds me horror stories about kids over here who, in the early 2000's, ended up racking up their dad/mom's internet bill by $8000 or so in the month by visiting some paid sites or blowing up their bandwidth cap by watching plenty of videos. In other occasions, the kids would just take their parent's credit card to do it.

Snektron

My sister just this month managed to get €400 of data cost :/

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on April 15, 2015, 09:53:00 AM
My sister just this month managed to get €400 of data cost :/

That's why I prefer unlimited (but capped after an amount) or blocked pacakges. (Once you ran out of data, you're out of interblag)
  • Calculators owned: A lot.