* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: Androides - Tilemap-based platformer for the CE, made in C  (Read 6291 times)

Offline Adriweb

• Full User
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Post Rating Ratio: +7/-1
    • Adriweb
    • @Adriweb
    • Adriweb
    • @UC-UIrbk5SuaUCvnV6SQvt-Q
    • /u/Adriweb
    • Adriweb
    • TI-Planet.org
One suggestion I have would be to add background variety, eg have a different background for each world.
Background take a lot of space though :( The 65k limitation was what forced the appvar use, actually, otherwise if everything was embedded in the program, it would have gone over that limit, making the 8xp invalid.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:55:17 am by Adriweb »
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Offline alexgt

• Just your friendly neighborhood Ninja Stach Fancy Iron Man
  • Super User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +6/-1
  • Something should go here...
    • /u/alexgt9123
You could have backround types (like lava for some maps and trees for others) just reusing a few would add allot to the game without using to much RAM (I would think)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Offline xlibman

• Omni founder & CW co-founder
  • Super User
  • Original 5
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Post Rating Ratio: +100/-5
    • dj_omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga.music
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • dj_omnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • /u/DJ_Omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga
    • 112/11286
    • @djomnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • DJ Omnimaga music store
Couldn't the backgrounds be compressed to a lower color depth then decompressed? They could also be a lower resolution.

Otherwise what you could do is make the current background color different in each world and flipped horizontally.
  • Calculators owned: TI-57, 73, TI-80 (broken), TI-81, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+SE (broken), TI-84+, TI-84+CSE, TI-84+CE, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89T, TI-92, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CX (semi-broken), HP 39gII, HP Prime, Casio fx-7000G, fx-7400G+, fx-7700GE, fx-9750G+, fx-9750GII, fx-9860G, cfx-9850G, FX-1.0+, fx-CG10, fx-CP400
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung i5510, Nexus 5, Atari 2600, Lynx, SMS, Game Gear, Genesis, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita, XBox 360, XBOne

Bandcamp|Reverbnation|Facebook|Youtube|Twitter
Retired Omnimaga admin (2001-11) and editor (2012-14)

Offline critor

• Full User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +6/-0
Here's an english review of the original computer game :

Offline Jkolade936

• All Around Coolio
  • Super User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +9/-1
  • I'm an unknown loner. I try to change that.
    • Jkolade936
    • My Sprites and Walrii Collection
How come you're the pale guy in a white suit on the cover, while the yellow dudes are the killer androides, but it's reversed in the game? And if the androides look humanoid, why don't they kill each other? Game questions that may never be answered. I'm gonna make that a topic. :walrii:
  • Calculators owned: None of them. :'(
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Offline critor

• Full User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +6/-0
Here are two playthroughs of the original Androides game, with the first 10 levels :

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 07:31:20 pm by critor »

Offline xlibman

• Omni founder & CW co-founder
  • Super User
  • Original 5
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Post Rating Ratio: +100/-5
    • dj_omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga.music
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • dj_omnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • /u/DJ_Omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga
    • 112/11286
    • @djomnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • DJ Omnimaga music store
Darn, that is quite old school. Kinda odd to see a calculator port with better backgrounds (not from a calc programmer point of view, but I mean that people outside the calculator community probably don't always expect calculators to be more powerful than old computers)

Also those walkthroughs will be handy if I play again. I couldn't even beat the first level >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-57, 73, TI-80 (broken), TI-81, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+SE (broken), TI-84+, TI-84+CSE, TI-84+CE, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89T, TI-92, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CX (semi-broken), HP 39gII, HP Prime, Casio fx-7000G, fx-7400G+, fx-7700GE, fx-9750G+, fx-9750GII, fx-9860G, cfx-9850G, FX-1.0+, fx-CG10, fx-CP400
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung i5510, Nexus 5, Atari 2600, Lynx, SMS, Game Gear, Genesis, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita, XBox 360, XBOne

Bandcamp|Reverbnation|Facebook|Youtube|Twitter
Retired Omnimaga admin (2001-11) and editor (2012-14)

Offline Jkolade936

• All Around Coolio
  • Super User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +9/-1
  • I'm an unknown loner. I try to change that.
    • Jkolade936
    • My Sprites and Walrii Collection
Darn, that is quite old school. Kinda odd to see a calculator port with better backgrounds (not from a calc programmer point of view, but I mean that people outside the calculator community probably don't always expect calculators to be more powerful than old computers)
But the takeover is happening! Soon all the people with XP computers will sell them to Best Buy and replace them with CEs, which will rule the world!  >:D
But then again, they'll be replaced someday.
Also those walkthroughs will be handy if I play again. I couldn't even beat the first level >.<
I'm stuck on level 23... :trollface:
There's only one enemy there....how....?
  • Calculators owned: None of them. :'(
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games