Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

WalrusIRC is down? Please complain here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, June 16, 2015, 03:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Any idea why WalrusIRC is down right now?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Illooommynaaatyy. They have inflitrated our servers. :P

I don't know, I just got back from camping. :D
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Yuki

That's why it's useful to have at least 2 server admins in 2 different timezones, in case one of them can't get on Internet to fix it. That and/or an autorestart script.

(By the way, whether WIRC is down or something, please post in this thread instead of creating a new thread.)
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Snektron

Maybe rename thee title to something like "WIRC downtime reports" or something like that
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

novenary

I restarted the server when I woke up. Thing is it doesn't completely crash so it won't automatically restart. I don't know why it breaks. Used to allow restarting omnom without restarting wirc too.

Dream of Omnimaga

My post was actually in the other thread last night, but then I decided to split it into a separate thread since I figured it might be better to have a separate downtime thread to avoid cluttering the other.

And I see, that might explain it. I noticed some lag when loading the forums last night so I might have tried to access the site while the reboot occured. But yeah the WIRC downtime occured immediately afterward. At first I thought it was because the line I sent was way too long but that would have been weird.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Reboot ? Last time we rebooted was 3 months ago. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

You just said you restarted the server a night ago, and now one post later you say you restarted it three months ago? /me is confused ???

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah that might explain it. I always have the idea in mind that everything hosted on this VPS is just one server, as opposed to separate ones for WIRC, CW, other files, etc.

Yuki

Yeah, the thing is, everything is called "server", as in, processes that serves something over the Internet.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

novenary

Yeah, if we were to reboot the actual vps we'd say reboot, while restart is just for processes usually. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

@Streetwalrus @Juju WalrusIRC image uploader no longer works. When I drag and drop a GIF file in there it no longer does anything. It worked yesterday

novenary

Woops, I screwed up permissions, all fixed now. :P