Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Android] CodeWalrus Post Notifier

Started by Snektron, April 16, 2015, 01:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

Hm? Btw have you read my reply a few posts up?
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on May 09, 2015, 06:19:22 PM
Currently the mod adds one action feature, "walrifier". It returns the id of the latest message. The app will then check
if the latest ID is the same as the new ID and if not, request the full feed from the ".xml" action. Though it might be better to strip it down and make my own feed via a subaction (if im making a mod anyway). I'm also thinking of making a subaction where you supply the last checked ID and it returns a list of ID's/posts since the supplied ID (with a limit ofcourse). This way doesn't require a server, while its probably just as data-efficient (and is probably lighter for the server too). I wan't the least amount of data as possible, so it can also run on mobile data without consuming a lot of data. This way it probably wouldn't even be a Mb per day, which is a quite acceptable amount i'd say.
:P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on May 09, 2015, 04:26:36 PM

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 09, 2015, 04:22:47 PMAnd yeah I considered a sub-forum for this, although it depends if you plan to update this more in the future once it's released to public. That would make MinePrime (next update that adds crafting) and the post notifier the next two sub-forum additions.

That depends on how many there is to update. I will at least keep it maintained and add features if necissary :)
As a precaution, when SMF 2.1 RC1 comes out, you might want to start developing a version that works with SMF 2.1 RC1 then slowly adapt it for RC2, RC3, gold, whatever comes out under the 2.1 name that isn't beta. That way, once we decide to upgrade to SMF 2.1 the application will work right from the start.

And glad you are keeping data usage to a minimum. Maybe you could have options to disable notifications when in data mode too for people with smaller plans. I have 2 GB but only because there was a big mobile plan promotion that allowed me to get a 60% discount on mine. I use about 250-700 MB a month.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Yeah i was indeed planning to add that. I myself also want to run this app, and on data too and i don't want to go over my plan so yeah :3

DarkestEx

OK. I am working on a desktop notifier now.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

By thé way, do you guys mind attaching the files on thé topic first post once the notifiées are complètes? Because there will be links to thème on thé récent postes page for ease of access.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Sure. Why all the tremas though? :P Also maybe i'll make a second topic when it's finished

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Accents, you mean. Treams are these : ". Über-tremas ;)
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

novenary

I blame autocorrect. Also trema = umlaut (this : ï, ü, ...).

Eiyeron :ninja:

Snektron

Yeah i forgot what they were called :3

Dream of Omnimaga

Sorry. There is no way tout disable auto correct un Android 5.1 Chrome. There is an option under phone settings, but if doesn't work.

There used to be a second option which was there:

But if seems gone now.

Edit: Ok I think I found it!

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Soooo, what about the post notifier project? How this project is going at this moment?

Snektron

I'm currently making a smf mod to list all posts since <id> in a simple format. For now i parse it from the .xml format. I'm responsible for the UI and core components, while @brentmaas is going to work on the service and setting/side menu. I will also try to make a bbcode/smileys parser (shouldn't be too hard with a webView). (Btw, as you can see if you scroll up a bit, i've made a screenshot of the app displaying some unformatted posts :))

Snektron

hmm, is sql fast enough to search for the last 10 posts in like 10000 posts? Or is there a better way to get this data? (for people who know how sql works but not how smf the smf database is build up: each posts in a message table has an unique id, i want to get the 10 posts with the highest id (or preferable, the x posts starting from a supplied id))

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Nah it should be fst enough, don't worry for that. That's what it already does when you'"re browsing the forum ^^