Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Funny (and awesome) picture thread

Started by aetios, November 21, 2014, 12:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

That's true, most bcalls are ridiculous <_<
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Which is one of the reasons why ideally you should avoid using them, but sometimes they can be handy for some programs that don't require speed, for example. One thing that seems really broken too among TI routines is what is used as Input command. I think this is why it took so long before Axe Parser got a decent Input command (if it even did at all).

But again, bcalls or not, it's possible to crash the calc without a single line of ASM and before even running a BASIC program because of a bug that has been around the TI-83/84+ series since before you were born (it first appeared on the TI-83 in 1996), so I guess anything is to expected. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Yeah, i only use bcalls when i need to interact with the OS (or print, cause im 2 lazy to make my own textroutine's.Bbut for example the _MemInsert bcall
matref showed me, i would never know how to achieve that on my own <_<

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 08, 2015, 02:11:33 PM
Yes, I just discovered about /ponies the other night.
Yeah, after I told you :P It's an easter egg I made a few times ago and was originally included in OmnomIRC.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I didn't know it was included in Omnom. I knew about :rick: (which was only on Omnimaga) and the even older, but now defunct The Game and Netham is a lobster easter eggs that either redirected to rickroll or changed site colors, but I didn't realize about the /ponies command.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

I wonder if that is an easter egg involving that particular sentence or intentional? Just replacing "the" with "a" fixes it O.O

Snektron

Maybe bevause its more of a standard thing because it contains the whole Alphabet?

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah that's what I thought. I felt it was kinda weird that they would treat it like a proper name, though, since some people might not necessarily realize what this sentence is and might actually want the translation. Maybe they should provide alternate translations.

Snektron

IIRC you can select other translations if you click on the word/sentence, but i don't know if that works

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah but it's not that useful in this case.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 11, 2015, 10:13:18 PM
Maybe bevause its more of a standard thing because it contains the whole Alphabet?

It's a pangram, this sentence looses its real use if translated and yet we have our own pangrams (but yeah, it's strange to see google not translating).
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

We do? I didn't even know about that. :P

Now imagine a demo BASIC program that uses every single TI-84+CE command and token... O.O

Snektron

Yeah, i know we got our's too here in The Netherlands.
("Pa's Wijze Lynx Bezag Vroom het Fikse Aquaduct")

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

DJ Omnimaga : Portez ce vieux whisky au juge blond qui fume..
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Yuki

Quote from: Eiyeron on March 12, 2015, 04:23:46 PM
DJ Omnimaga : Portez ce vieux whisky au juge blond qui fume..
Yep, they are used all the time in font software because they have every single letter of the alphabet.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here