Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What is your favorite least-used feature of any program?

Started by _iPhoenix_, March 23, 2017, 12:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_iPhoenix_

What is your favorite little-used feature of any program? (no easter eggs, unless they are actually useful!) For me, it is, well, I don't know!

I am curious about what you guys have to say, and the more frequently you use the software, the better. (People may actually use this stuff :P)
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

p2

• Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Yuki

There's actually a few additional features you get by registering WinRAR (other than removing the nag), but they're not really useful for anyone, really. The people who buy WinRAR are mostly companies who really care to stay legal, and this is where they get the most money with. This is exactly why this helped making it one of the most popular piece of software ever: piracy is low since you don't need to hack it and this give them free publicity to get them in companies who care about legality where they make money.

Also for those reasons the pay what you want model is the most successful model for small developers because people who buy it genuinely care that you did a good job and not because they had to throw money to get access to the content, they might even give you $1000 because they have a lot of money and they think you deserve the $1000 and that might pay for 100 users who had no money to buy it in the first place.

So yeah, people might hate that feature of a program, the feature of actually buying it, but if used wisely, it's real good.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

_iPhoenix_

• Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar: