Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, March 20, 2017, 03:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, I'll be honest, but I kinda got bored of the game. It's not that it's a bad game. On the contrary, it's one of the most amazing and elaborate game I ever played in terms of content, quality and everything. The problem, though, is that myself games this elaborate and with so many buttons don't mix (basically, any open-world game made after 1999 or so). I got a PSOne in 2000, then I did not get any newer console nor play any of them until late 2006, and this, combined with my troubles adapting to drastic changes, made me remain stuck in the past regarding gaming capabilities.

Zelda 1 and 2 for the NES gets a pass, because of how basic they are compared to modern open-world games. This is also why I only play Starcraft and first-person shooters in multiplayer deathmatch. Also I no longer have as much patience to learn new things as I used to way back then. Had I started playing Starcraft in 2010 instead of 2000 for example, I would probably have never gotten much into the game.

As a result, I am contemplating selling my Switch copy and keeping the Wii U copy as a collectible. I am more into simple games like Ys Memories of Celceta where you basically only use two buttons most of the time and just kill all enemies on your path while looting treasures on your way. Still an amazing job by NIntendo, though. The game is just not for me. D:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

ordelore

I'm still playing it. I haven't yet beaten the main story, because I find the game so friggin' beautiful. It's so satisfying to just explore throughout the map and just find stuff to do.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+SE, TI_Nspire CX
Calc Wars is still alive (I hope)

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I often found myself doing that. Good thing this isn't multiplayer because I tend to explore a bit while most people I play with rush through games. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U