Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

.exe to ASM?

Started by xMarminq_, December 28, 2016, 06:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xMarminq_

trying to put it on a calc  ;D (CE)
IT'S ALL COMPILED
Help w/ transfer/And assigning actions to keys
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait what? Did what you made in scratch actually compile and end up working fine on your calculator? I hope you are testing on emulators in case it's unstable, but what I am wondering is if anything shows up at all. As for key assignment you would definitively need to edit the ASM source.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

xMarminq_

Not yet. I need help with setting up the keys and stuff.
Here's the stuffs in exe form

novenary

Forget about it, this is *not* going to work. PCs and calculators don't use the same CPU architecture, hardware or operating system, so you'd have to rewrite everything.

p4nix

Also, learning C (or even ASM) will be much easier than learning ASM to a level where it might be possible (it's still not :P ) to port Scratch projects to calculator programs.

I'd advise you to set up a compiler on your computer, learn some C using online tutorials (you can always ask us for help), make some textbased games to finally get your CE cross compiler set up and start releasing calculator games ;)

Also, if you want to get started with C programming, you might want to use linux since it is much easier to set up, at least in my opinion.
This tutorial seems to be a good one: http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/c-tutorial.html

Before starting C development for your calculator, print out a mandelbrot set in your command line and do some pointer stuff so you know you are ready. Yes, it is possible to jump into calculator programming right away, but starting to learn the basics on a computer is much less pain.
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

Dream of Omnimaga

Or you can also use ICE compiler if you want something even easier or stuff like CE Textlib and Sprites v3.3 which are evem easier, but ICE still lacks highscore/saving support so it should only be used for games with no save feature for now.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p4nix

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 29, 2016, 02:23:26 PM
Or you can also use ICE compiler if you want something even easier or stuff like CE Textlib and Sprites v3.3 which are evem easier, but ICE still lacks highscore/saving support so it should only be used for games with no save feature for now.
While that might be easier, C will also help you to learn languages like C++, Java and many more (most programming languages are highly influenced by C) and chances are that you get stuck in BASIC programming forever like @DJ Omnimaga :trollface: (jk)

novenary

Quote from: p4nix on December 29, 2016, 02:03:39 PM
Also, if you want to get started with C programming, you might want to use linux since it is much easier to set up, at least in my opinion.
MS only supports c++ in msvc, actual c support sucks. I'd recommend against using anything like cygwin/msys/bash for windows, just use Linux and it'll go smoothly.

xMarminq_

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 29, 2016, 02:23:26 PM

Its is an unsavable game so thanks!

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Streetwalrus on December 29, 2016, 03:15:58 PM
I'd recommend against using anything like cygwin/msys/bash for windows, just use Linux and it'll go smoothly.
What about people who don't want to have to switch to Linux in order to develop games? :P

Unicorn

Use mateos toolchain? It is built for windows...  Also, ubuntu on windows. (google it) Unless this is actually about making a pc game... O.O
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

novenary

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 30, 2016, 07:05:29 AM
What about people who don't want to have to switch to Linux in order to develop games? :P
Then use something else than C, or the subset that works in MSVC.

p4nix

I'd recommend against using anything like cygwin/msys/bash for windows, just use Linux and it'll go smoothly.
We didn't say it is impossible to program C on Windows. We just gave the helpful hint that programming on linux is much more straightforward.

kotu

it''s fine
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: p4nix on December 30, 2016, 06:43:56 PM
We didn't say it is impossible to program C on Windows. We just gave the helpful hint that programming on linux is much more straightforward.
Oh ok lol. I was surprised to see it was more difficult on Windows because I thought that C was meant to be cross-platform for the most part. I guess it depends of the platform, though, since CE C programming is quite straightforward with the SDK Mateo did apparently (for those who have no issues learning C in the first place)