Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

.exe to ASM?

Started by xMarminq_, December 28, 2016, 06:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xMarminq_

Is there anything out there that can do dis?  :D
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

kotu

you don't want to do this
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Dream of Omnimaga

I am sure it exists, but you would need to ask the exe author's permission to re-use the disassembled code, and the code won't be of any practical use since it won't have any label names nor comments.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

i am sure it would be incompatible if only for screen sizes
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

xMarminq_

Its legal don't worry. Its a SCRATCH project

p4nix

You probably search for a disassembler. However, you still don't want to do this. (for the reasons @DJ Omnimaga already told)...
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

xMarminq_

It was converted from SCRATCH, the coding website. I don't think I would need permission

p4nix

You probably DO need permission if you want to do anything which gets public with it.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok, it's fine if it's your own exe file. The reason why such disassembling should be avoided though is that the disassembled code will be so hard to decipher that you won't be able to do anything with it, especially if you are not an ASM expert. However it probably also depends what do you plan to do with the code. If you just want to convert scratch code to assembly and expect a speed increase, then you can forget about it, as the resulting ASM code will be so horrible that it will run as slow as its scratch counterpart. I remember for the TI-83 Plus there was a BASIC to ASM converter and the ASM result was even larger in size actually.

So in order to help you (if that is possible), we need to know what do you plan to do with the disassembled exe file.

Quote from: p4nix on December 28, 2016, 09:20:56 PM
You probably DO need permission if you want to do anything which gets public with it.
Scratch is an online development tool which lets you make games. If he made the game himself then he doesn't need permission, unless Scratch website disallows people from sharing their projects outside their website, which I doubt.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p4nix

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 28, 2016, 09:23:35 PM
Scratch is an online development tool which lets you make games. If he made the game himself then he doesn't need permission, unless Scratch website disallows people from sharing their projects outside their website, which I doubt.

I thought it was a scratch project from someone else.

novenary

There are plenty of disassemblers out there, but I'd recommend you avoid it due to the complexity of it, which I strongly doubt you can handle.
That said, at least under US law, disassembling someone else's binaries is perfectly legal for reverse engineering. What is not legal is to break DRM (cracking) or to redistribute material without the license to do so.

xMarminq_

It's my project tho, based off of a other scratch project

xMarminq_

What now?
(sry for double post)

aetios

you'll have to translate every opcode into z80 asm.

Good Luck
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

It depends for which platform he's developing for. If he's developing for PC, then I assume he needs to learn X86 ASM, right?