Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CE] This Is The Only Level +CE

Started by JWinslow23, September 11, 2016, 10:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Good. I remember MFQT on the 83+ where the start platform was very high, or maybe it was a different game and not on calc.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

critor

Great ! :D

How many levels this time ? :)

critor

Perfect - so it's planned for a future ticalc.org review, and then for the POTY 2017. ;)

By the way, just to inform you - I just got a reset.
I was using the latest C libraries updated yesterday.

I was at the "Take a break" level, I was - I think - holding several arrow keys...
Then suddenly, the elephant and timer froze... and then the reset happened by itself some seconds later.

JWinslow23

Hm...I'm not sure what could have caused that. I actually have a version of the libraries from earlier today, maybe that could be it?

Update your libraries, and if you can reproduce it, then show me as soon as possible.

critor

I can't see a library release for today, or it's just a time zone difference  :
https://github.com/CE-Programming/libraries/releases/tag/v6.5

This time I've used the different program file from ticalc.

I got a similar in-game reset at the "Rabbit power jump" stage.
I was just quickly and alternatively pressing the left and right keys.

Edit : I managed to reproduce the problem on stage 1.
Same method.

JWinslow23

Huh. That's odd. I haven't been able to reproduce it on emulator or actual hardware. I'm not sure even where the code even might fail due to an out-of-date library, or even the latest.

If this is happening with anyone else, not this just happening with critor, please notify me. Until notified otherwise, I'm classifying this as an isolated incident.

critor

For the 1st freeze+reset, we could have supposed my calculator was not stable for some reason.

But as I was able to reproduce it 3 times in a row since, and as I have downloaded the C libraries today, I fear it's not an isolated problem.

Try to play with 2 fingers and to 'spam' the arrow keys.
With multiple key press, alternative and simultaneous.

Each time it did crash, I was pressing at least 2 keys.

JWinslow23

That is completely strange. I am still not reproducing your problem.

Can anyone else try to reproduce this? I am completely unsure where the problem here is. I might chalk this up to a faulty OS or something.

...actually, is your OS on the latest version, too?

EDIT: @MateoConLechuga , in CE C, how do you get the current year, month, day, hour, minute, and second on the CE clock in the MODE menu? The demo isn't making it clear.

Unicorn

I can't reproduce? Using OS 5.2 and libs downloaded 3 hours ago.

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

critor

I have the latest 5.2.1 OS.
I highly doubt the calculator is faulty, as it's the one on which I test all CE games.

Here's how to trigger the problem :

^ This time the crash occurred almost immediately.
But some times, I have to keep on spamming the arrow keys for dozens of seconds - it's random.

p2

erm...
you simply mustn't press the butons so fast.
It's no wonder this happens, you confused the pook little elephant.   :(
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

critor

I don't press the buttons so fast while playing, of course - it was just an easy way to reproduce the problem. :)

But while playing, depending upon the stage you still press several keys together from time to time - so the crash still happens.
Playing the game normally, it crashed for me on stages 15 and 28.

p2

at least we know it's triggered by key presses and not just random crashes - that would make it a lot harder for Unicorn to find the bug >.<
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)