Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

YukiBot

Started by Yuki, December 17, 2014, 11:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

I see EeeZor in the title, which is Eeems-related. Did you use any code of his in this bot and did you ask him permission before re-using it? I don't want to have the same issues as with the recent posts mod.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

He strongly encourages the use of his framework for my IRC bot needs, and I did not modified anything other than the config (I update it once in a while) and my own plugins I dumped in the scripts folders using his API, so I guess it's okay? He probably still doesn't know it's used on the CodeWalrus channel, though. Should probably tell him next time I see him. Pretty sure he'd be happy I'm writing code for it anyway.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

I guess it probably depends of the license and who made it. Considering you are contribiting to it it should prbly be fine, tho.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

The bot now have a search engine! Use .cw <search query>.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

pimathbrainiac

Yay now for ddg search (since the stupid google API is gone)
Well, I'm bach here too!

Yuki

DDG search is not implemented yet. That one uses MySQL.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Would there be a workaround for Google?

Yuki

Yep. And it's already implemented. \o/

So far:
.cw: Searches posts on CodeWalrus (uses some obscure function in MySQL)
.google: Google Search (does not use the API!)
.calc: Calculator! (Uses Wolfram Alpha's API)

Also:
<Yuki> .calc the game
<YukiBot> [calc] You just lost.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Cool to hear. You should probably make a topic elsewhere on the forum that other people can see that documents the Google trick in case other members would like to fix their respective bots. I am curious about what workaround was used as well.

pimathbrainiac

That's really cool and also document that google trick so I can steal your code but in Java for my bot on ##FRC on Freenode.
Well, I'm bach here too!

Yuki

In short it just scrapes the webpage for results.

https://github.com/jprichardson/node-google
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait what does it screen the entire CW website in order to find results? O.O I hope you meant Google page, else the bandwidth usage...

Yuki

Yeah I meant Google. For CW it queries the MySQL server.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh ok phew lol.

Also should this topic be moved to public? (you could always create another topic in the staff board or update pimath's topic on how to restart the bot when needed)

Yuki

Yeah I guess. Wasn't sure since it contains some instructions to the staff, but nothing inportant. Should prolly move those infos in another topic.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN