Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

YukiBot

Started by Yuki, December 17, 2014, 11:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

It's our post notifier bot I just wrote, along with a few features I should probably write (based on Eeems' EeeZorBot framework).

Features
- Notifies of posts made on CodeWalrus
- Provides services to the IRC channels

How it works

The forum software simply sends an UDP packet to the bot which posts it on IRC. Probably the simplest and the fastest way so it won't lag at all. I chose UDP because it's a connectionless protocol, unlike TCP.

Restart

Should you have the need restart it (which I doubt), it's pretty much the same way as OmnomIRC (it could probably be converted as a systemd service if you want). Look for something like "js lib/main.js" or "npm start", kill it, cd to where the bot is (currently in my homedir) and type "npm start" in a screen.

Code
If you guys want to write a mod, I'll post the current diff here:

--- Subs-Post.php~ 2014-12-17 21:38:52.494808188 +0000
+++ Subs-Post.php 2014-12-19 01:14:23.910808189 +0000
@@ -2032,6 +2032,15 @@
if ($msgOptions['approved'])
updateLastMessages($topicOptions['board'], $new_topic || !empty($topicOptions['is_approved']) ? $msgOptions['id'] : 0);

+ // Send this to IRC
+ if(!in_array($topicOptions['board'], array(2, 12)))
+ {
+        $ircsocket = stream_socket_client('udp://127.0.0.1:33333');
+        $sendstr = "PRIVMSG #CodeWalrus :\x0310New ".($new_topic?"topic":"post")." by \x0304".html_entity_decode($posterOptions['name'])."\x0310 on \x0303".html_entity_decode($msgOptions['subject'])."\x0310 http://codewalr.us/".$topicOptions['id']."/".$msgOptions['id'];
+        stream_socket_sendto($ircsocket, $sendstr);
+        fclose($ircsocket);
+ }
+
// Alright, done now... we can abort now, I guess... at least this much is done.
ignore_user_abort($previous_ignore_user_abort);

The diff is for both /Sources/Subs-Post.php and /mobiquo/include/Subs-Post.php (because Tapatalk copied the file in its own directory or I dunno).

For the bot plugins I added, it's here: https://github.com/juju2143/EeeZorBot-scripts

Current bugs
- Doesn't hide the staff board
- Tapatalk fixed!
- No customization other than modifying the code directly
- No topic length limit (it probably shouldn't be annoying but we can always add it if it's a problem, just tell me)
- Some commands are still experimental and can crash the bot

Have fun. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok thanks for the tip. It should make it easier to upgrade until we get a mod of this. :)

I doubt topic lenght should be an issue, because of the short URLs.

I think nicknames should be made color-less or medium gray, though (there's an IRC character for that that is not black), because right now it might look too much like a ripoff of Omnimaga post notifications (we use the same color scheme). Green is fine, though, because the site mainly uses green anyway)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Hmmm nice. You might wanna consider moving it to freenode though once we have a better botnet.

Yuki

It should connect to all three networks, but I still have to figure out why it's not connecting to Omninet and Freenode. Once it's figured out the post notifier will move to Omninet.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Yuki

She's on all three networks now. Also, if you want me to implement some features to her, like Google/DDG/CodeWalrus search, output the title of an URL or even improvments to the post notifier, please tell me and I'll try to work on them over the Xmas vacations.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

pimathbrainiac

Yay it works!

Should I take WalTopic down now?
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

Keep a copy in case we ever have major issues with the bot we got right now, though.

aetios

Why not name it YuukiBot as a reference to SAO2 :P
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Ideally it should be named CodeWalrus or ^New and the post notifications made so that they use the /me command, so that way they are shorter. Eg they should probably look like this:

* CodeWalrus post by DJ Omnimaga in Walrification begins monday! http://codewalr.us/56/1946

Yuki

Quote from: aeTIos on December 19, 2014, 07:48:11 AM
Why not name it YuukiBot as a reference to SAO2 :P
Because it's a reference to Haruhi Suzumiya. (And because I mostly always use Yuki as a character name, but yeah, Haruhi.)

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 19, 2014, 12:05:59 PM
Ideally it should be named CodeWalrus or ^New and the post notifications made so that they use the /me command, so that way they are shorter. Eg they should probably look like this:

* CodeWalrus post by DJ Omnimaga in Walrification begins monday! http://codewalr.us/56/1946
That's an idea.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

novenary

Hmmm does it sync topics (with omnom too) ? Cause iirc omnom topic syncing doesn't work.

Dream of Omnimaga

If you mean the /topic command, then it won't sync unless the bot has ops in the channel. But again maybe it's broken. :P

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN