Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[84+CE] PHASM

Started by Epharius, January 14, 2016, 08:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epharius

Hello everybody!

I was writing a post for TWO bloody hours until I lose it because of a "timeout"! So I'm gonna write something shorter -.-

What is PHASMe?
"Phasmes" (or stick insects if you prefer) are brown most of the time. But don't worry, we aren't going to talk about insect life, even though it may be very interesting...
No, PHASM is a program for your Ti-84+CE (Ti-83 Premium CE), which allows you to run assembly programs, archived or not and to edit archived programs without unarchiving them beforehand. Furthermore, thanks to it, you can navigate in your program easily thanks to the label menu, using the [ALPHA], [XTOn] key combo while editing a program! Finally, it's possible to edit the memory of your calculator, pressing [Alpha]+[VAR]
The goal of PHASM is to be invisible. You run once "Asm(prgmPHASM)" and that's all! And if you are fed up with PHASM (although it seems incredible), you have just to execute "prgmPHASM".

Rubbish transition

Features and To-Do List
Let's sum up what PHASM can do :
  • It can execute assembly programs
  • It can execute archived programs
  • It can go to any Lbl you want, thanks to a menu in the program editor
  • It has an user interface to install and delete the hooks
  • It allows you to edit archived programs
  • It can execute subprograms, assembly or Basic, archived or not
  • It is possible to use Cesium in parallel
  • Allows you to create your own plugins to add to PHASM
  • It forces APD with [ALPHA] [ON]
Red = To do
Orange = In progress
Green = Done

Crazy transition

Screenshot and links
If you're lazy ('cause life is tiresome), I'm gonna summarize all my post in one gif (thank you Hayleia :D )

And if you're just curious, github is open 24/7!

Download : PHASM

Well, everything seems to be said. Have fun with PHASM!  8)
I'm french so, sorry if you lose your eyes while reading one of my posts

Dream of Omnimaga

I should look if it's possible to increase session times for SMF. Two hours is definitvely not enough when we have to go away or are writing a long post. In the future, you should write long post in Notepad or something, though, then copy/paste. It's safer (I have timeout issues on TI-PLanet sometimes and lost lots of posts as a result)

Anyway glad to see a new update on this Epharius :). The lbl jumping feature and the ability to edit archived programs will definitively be extremely useful.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

This is pretty cool! There are so many new things coming out for the CE Series. This is just one of them. I might get the TI-84+ CE instead of a TI-84+ next month.
:walrii:
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Unicorn

I wonder if this would be compatible with Cesium... Great job, anyhow
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Dudeman313 on January 28, 2016, 12:01:50 AM
This is pretty cool! There are so many new things coming out for the CE Series. This is just one of them. I might get the TI-84+ CE instead of a TI-84+ next month.
Considering you already have a TI-84+ (seeing your forum signature), I would recommend getting a TI-84+CE instead of a second TI-84+.

Quote from: Unicorn on January 28, 2016, 12:42:41 AM
I wonder if this would be compatible with Cesium... Great job, anyhow
I bet it could be made compatible, if not already. But of course it will depend of if the author of respective shells and programs that use hooks are interested in fixing compatibility issues with other shells on their end instead of waiting forever for the other author to fix the issue on his end (which happened in the past on monochrome models).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Hayleia

I have no idea why there is a discussion about potential things going wrong with Cesium. Phasm uses hooks only and Cesium uses no hook (as far as I can tell, it's like MirageOS, interface only), so where could there be a problem ?
And actually, there used to be a problem due to using the same RAM area, but it was the first thing to be fixed, a long time ago, as mentionned on the first post.

Dudeman313

Quote from: Hayleia on January 28, 2016, 01:16:31 AM
I have no idea why there is a discussion about potential things going wrong with Cesium. Phasm uses hooks only and Cesium uses no hook (as far as I can tell, it's like MirageOS, interface only), so where could there be a problem ?
And actually, there used to be a problem due to using the same RAM area, but it was the first thing to be fixed, a long time ago, as mentionned on the first post.
I know, right? Celsium's pretty awesome; I don't get the whole "You got problems!" thing, especially since it uses no hooks.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 28, 2016, 01:08:54 AM
Quote from: Dudeman313 on January 28, 2016, 12:01:50 AM
Considering you already have a TI-84+ (seeing your forum signature), I would recommend getting a TI-84+CE instead of a second TI-84+.
What I meant by this was that I have to return my TI-84+ to Walmart(my 90 days are almost up, and it's a long story) and I was looking for another calculator to get, this time for keeps, at a lower price than $118. I was thinking I could either try to find a TI-84+ Silver Ed. on eBay or try to get a color calculator that is awesome.
BTW, can a TI-84+ Silver C run all the same programs as a CE?
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah right, I forgot that Cesium uses no hook. I always think it has homerun features. However, Doors CE will have hooks and a lot of them. My main worry about compatibility is that both ZStart and DCS7 authors kept playing Ping-Pong and blaming each other's shells when compatibility problems between both shells were reported by users, and regardless of what the authors' respective motive was, it would suck if this happened again on the 84+CE.

Quote from: Dudeman313 on January 28, 2016, 01:46:27 AM
BTW, can a TI-84+ Silver C run all the same programs as a CE?
Only pure TI-BASIC programs, for now. There is no cross-compatibility for ASM programs. However, Doors CSE games will most likely work on the CE too eventually, for the most part, since DCE9 is on the horizon.

Dudeman313

I'm currently trying to handle the 3 disagreeing apps on my calc:
-DCS7
-zStart
-Omnicalc
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

What do you need with Omnicalc? Do you use it only for inline assembly language support or sprites, then you don't need Omnicalc, since Doors CS 7 supports Omnicalc syntax for those commands (which is why the TI-BASIC versions of Reuben Quest run fine in Doors CS 7 even without Omnicalc installed)

Dudeman313

I actually didn't know Omnicalc could do that stuff. :P
I used it only for RAM Recovery and Memory Protection.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

RAM recovery only works on TI-84+ models made before April 2007.  If you bought your calc in recent years then this could explain why you lost Slime source code.

Anyway we're getting off-topic now, so we should switch back to PHASM discussion.

Unicorn

In that case, then, I better put this on my calc! I don't know much about ASM things, hence the question, btw
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Epharius

Yes, of course Cesium is compatible with PHASM, it was one of my first goals ;)
Thank you for your feedbacks, I think the first version is nearly over (maybe in two or four weeks if I manage to fix some weird bugs before that)
I'm french so, sorry if you lose your eyes while reading one of my posts

Dudeman313

OMG. Thanks for making this! A program crashed and all my RAM was erased. Luckily, PHASM restored Celsium(and my other RAM programs) to my archive. It didn't restore my appvars though. Do you plan on including this?
The answer is "Sure."