Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Pokemon Go

Started by aetios, July 11, 2016, 09:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: aeTIos on July 16, 2016, 03:55:04 PM
QuoteAlso servers were down earlier
You say that as if it's a new thing.
It only happened once to me O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

You must have a superior connection, because last time I played it (Thursday evening) I had to restart the app at least 30 times.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

It requires a quantum CPU to run fine. :trollface:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Pokemon Go? You mean, you actually played that game of sexual assault and death?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

novenary

Quote from: Dudeman313 on July 16, 2016, 08:27:45 PM
Pokemon Go? You mean, you actually played that game of sexual assault and death?
Wat.

Dream of Omnimaga

I think he is refering to what will happen in the future with that game @Streetwalrus . In fact it probably already happened. Find landmark in neighborhood highly populated by kids, wander around that landmark without being noticed, then play Pokékid Go instead of Pokémon Go. That's kinda scary to think about it. Had I gotten kids I would probably come with them if we were to play the game.

novenary

Heh, true. I hope it doesn't turn out that way. <_<

::CMG (UTOPIA)::

So far my experience with Pokemon GO has been AWESOME (glitches and server down time aside)

I first tried it out last Sunday, picked Charmander as my starter, went walking around my block and furthur. Caught a Pidgey, Spearow, Rattata, and Weedle. Went to 3 Pokestops (Fire Department A.K.A. Veterans of Foreign War Post 9592, Levittown Community Church, & the Levittown Water Tower (corner of Azalea Rd & Hilltop Rd)) Got to Level 3, started walking back home and noticed that apparently the area near the water tower is where you can catch Nidoran♀ & Kingler (I guess it thinks the town pool is a body of water or something).

As of today, the rest of the week was interesting.  I noticed Monday that Gastly were available behind the building of my new job in Farmingdale.  A few days later I tried searching the rest of the town, and noticed AdventureLand (an amusement park) is one of the Pokemon Gyms on Long Island. Encountered a few more gyms on the way home (nowhere near my house of course).  Was able to catch new pokemon like Drowzee, Eevee, and Venonat.  Over the weekend when I was at my gf's place in College Point Queens I tried it out, and apparently there's a lot more exotic pokemon in her area.  Saturday night we went walking in the park near her apartment which not only has a nice view of Manhattan (the park is by the water), but it had 3 PokeStops and a Gym.  Doduo is MASSIVELY common there, but I also was lucky enough to get a Jynx and Bulbasaur.  Today heading home I was stuck on the Cross Island Parkway (always bumper-to-bumper traffic saturdays/sundays), so i opened up the app and not only did i catch a Tauros, but a Dratini too.  Also Magikarp were everywhere by the water.

I'm having so much fun with this game.  Right now I'm at level 7 and am using Charmander and Dratini for my main team.  I plan on adding more to the team, but I have yet to find the ones i really want (like Poliwag, which is also by my gf's apartment but in the opposite direction).

Dream of Omnimaga

I should go near St Lawrence river again at some point, but not over it, to see if I can find interesting Pokémons there. In Old Quebec it might be interesting too, with all the museums and stuff around.

By the way the app is now available in Canada. I thought it would end up like Spotify and everything else and that it would come out worldwide except in Canada and that Canada would have to wait 3 years due to CRTC BS.

Also I am unsure but it seems that the latest version loads much faster than the one I got before.

calcplays

What team have you joined, trainers above level 5?

Dream of Omnimaga

Are teams pre-defined by the game or do people create their own teams or guild?

aetios

There are 3 teams: Instinct, Mystic, and Valor or in everyday speech: Yellow, Blue and Red.  What team you choose does not really matter much (yet).

I chose Mystic. Because articuno is bae.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

I see. Also I heard people talking at a video game store half an hour ago and thry were saying they saw an older man playing Pokémon Go earlier and seemed to have fun. O.O

c4ooo

Quote from: aeTIos on July 11, 2016, 05:04:04 PM
So far I estimate about 50% of my colleagues has been spotted going outside during breaks to catch pokemon... It's spreading.
Wait were do you work? O.O Or do you mean 'colleagues ' as in people that attend college with you?

Dream of Omnimaga

I think he works at a computer store or at the phone customer support of an ISP/TV company.