Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Derp Puncher [arcade][mobile-friendly]

Started by Yuki, April 08, 2016, 04:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

By gameblabla

WARNING: This game contains cartoon gore material and death of cute things. Please do not play if you don't want this.

Full screen
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dudeman313

How come I can't get past 764 for my HS?  :-|
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Yuki

This game has some weird scoring system, once you figure it out you can get a very high score.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Ivoah

I got 5422, could've gone higher, but I got bored :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Yuki

Yeah, same with Rubby Bird, you can increase your high score indefinitely until you get bored. Speaking of which, that would fit slightly better if it was Rainbow Dash and Pinkie was holding the chainsaw. >.> Anyway, that reminds me of all those Flash games back in the early 2000s, those games were everywhere.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dudeman313

Oh, I see. The pony's health regenerates. I guess I could have gone farther if I didn't have more pressing matters to attend to(like Lunch).
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I wonder if @Sorunome would like this game :trollface:

Kidding aside I lol'ed at first, even if I like Derpy :P. Nice to see some member games up there and this one actually doesn't make my CPU fan spin like mad like Opossum Massage Simulator Web. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 08, 2016, 11:40:00 PM
this one actually doesn't make my CPU fan spin like mad like Opossum Massage Simulator Web. :P
Yes, that's because i programmed for javascript from scratch and it was designed to run on a crappy firefox os phone.
Opossum Massage Simulator on the other hand, was compiled from the C coded version with Emscripten.
Emscripten is cool and all but the way it is implemented is... erg... kind of crappy.

(I can't actually run any emscripten games with noscript)

QuoteI wonder if @Sorunome would like this game :trollface:
I bet he did, he gave me his reaction when he saw Cass' Gueule on Ti Nspire.
(he was horrified)
Guess i should rename it to "Sorunome Puncher" :p
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

Lol that would be weird. Also thanks for the explanation about emscripten.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

c4ooo

Great game :3
My only critique is that the button UI to select your weapon sucks :(

gameblabla

Quote from: c4ooo on April 09, 2016, 09:08:02 PM
My only critique is that the button UI to select your weapon sucks :(
It sucks because it was designed for mobile.
That's why the buttons are really big and definitively not designed for desktops using a mouse.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

c4ooo

Ok lol. BTW it does not work in ios. Maybe its because this is an old version of ios, but i doubt it :P

Edit: the game actualy does work, but when i load the page i get a pop upp saying "your browser does not support OGG format" >_>

Dream of Omnimaga

Well iOS uses IE6 engine, based on its compatibility, it seems. :P (even WalrusIRC doesn't work well in it)

Also i found it a bit weird to have [gore] in the topic title when OMS has even more of it (if you let the Game Over screen run for a long while), yet lacks that tag. :P

James Oldiges