Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Portal CSE

Started by MateoConLechuga, January 05, 2015, 06:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKH4

I made a signature for this and portal nSpire. What do you think?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

I made a couple of mistakes, I'll fix them and be right back. I think that they're fixed.

Edit.
Here's some experiments:

MateoConLechuga

Nice work, CKH4! Those look pretty spiffy. :)

EDIT: Also, if anyone is interested, the simple level editor is out. I am going to make it a lot smarter later on, so that way you don't need to cycle though blocks. But the way levels are stored is going to remain the same, so new versions will work perfectly well with the older ones. :P

Download: http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/84pcse/asm/games/PortalCSE.zip

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: CKH4 on January 14, 2015, 07:29:00 PM
I would suggest maybe reducing the space between the text and images, so that the signature will fit inside the signature block. The forums show scrollbars for signatures higher than 150 pixels in height, so some of your text is missing by default.

Also maybe you could use this sig on all forums (replacing the CW Portal topic links with Cemetech and Omni there of course) ;)

Quote from: MateoConLechuga on January 14, 2015, 11:33:07 PM

EDIT: Also, if anyone is interested, the simple level editor is out. I am going to make it a lot smarter later on, so that way you don't need to cycle though blocks. But the way levels are stored is going to remain the same, so old versions will work perfectly well with the older ones. :P

Download: http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/84pcse/asm/games/PortalCSE.zip
Cool to hear. Does this new version include the title screen and other changes previously posted? :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 14, 2015, 11:40:10 PM
Quote from: MateoConLechuga on January 14, 2015, 11:33:07 PM

EDIT: Also, if anyone is interested, the simple level editor is out. I am going to make it a lot smarter later on, so that way you don't need to cycle though blocks. But the way levels are stored is going to remain the same, so old versions will work perfectly well with the older ones. :P

Cool to hear. Does this new version include the title screen and other changes previously posted? :)
Indeed it does. :) Still have to improve the level editor style, but making it easier is super easy now. :P

AssemblyBandit

This game looks awesome! I just got finished playing Portal 2 a couple weeks ago (I'm late, I know) and now I can get right back into it!

CKH4

DJ O:
I replaced it on the other sites and I'll reformat the signature to conserve space.

Mateo:
Can't wait, hopefully it'll be compatible with the new CE. That's the one that I plan on getting if it maintains compatibility.

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way I tried this the other night and good job again. I still can't beat the main level, though. XD
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

Quote from: CKH4 on January 14, 2015, 07:29:00 PM
Looks nice, but please, Nspire is written with only the first N capitalized. Need proof, check the Nspire system menu ;)
ceci n'est pas une signature

CKH4

Ok, I didn't know (don't own one) but I did it to look fancy. I'll change it if LD Studios does, I may end up updating it later today.

LD Studios

Quote from: CKH4 on January 19, 2015, 02:56:17 PM
Ok, I didn't know (don't own one) but I did it to look fancy. I'll change it if LD Studios does, I may end up updating it later today.
I didn't even think the banner was very wrong. The nspire logo uses an italics n, and a lower case s, which is pretty similar to what CKH4 did. I guess the s could be a bit shorter to show that it isn't upper case, but its hard to make a good s any shorter than that. I would definitely leave the n as it is.

CKH4

Yeah, I'll make the the s shorter when I update them.
Edit due to inability to read.

MateoConLechuga

Thanks all! :) Also, if anyone wants to make some super-difficult levels, I have like 10 slots available. :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you mean external levels? If they are internal, then make sure those hard levels are not the only levels available through the entire game, because if it's really too hard then people will probably not play the original level set much. :P