Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What are you listening to?

Started by Yuki, January 04, 2015, 09:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JosJuice

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 09, 2016, 04:43:20 AM
Some cool hip hop music:

Oh my god, that song is so cool O.O

(Though a part of it might be that I tend to like songs more just because of the number of different languages they use :P)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, Casio fx-CG10

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I have issues understanding the lyrics :P. But yeah I normally dislike rap, but Highland is an exception due to their celtic and melodic style.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kegwaan

I started listening to metal a few days ago. This is a pretty good song, not too heavy but not too light.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

Caleb Hansberry

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 30, 2015, 06:41:49 AM
Quote from: Caleb Hansberry on December 16, 2015, 12:03:33 AM
System Failure by Abbsynth:

@Caleb Hansberry, you should check out the band called Koto. I think they make awesome spacesynth or synthpop music too. By the way Abbsynth sounds nice too. This is one of their most known songs:

Also Caleb Petra sounds awesome, I'll have to check out more of their stuff at one point. They remind me a bit of Crumbacher. Beyond Belief also got that nice 80's rock sound.

That Koto song was indeed pretty cool, I liked it!

And yeah should always listen to Petra. 1984 Beat the System is the only one with a cool electronic sound, but their works from 1986 to 1991 have a good rock sound: 1986 Back to the Street has some keyboards (Whole World is enjoyable), 1987 This Means War has a little left but not much, 1988 On Fire has a good arena rock sound (I especially enjoyed Mine Field and Counsel of the Holy), 1990 Beyond Belief of course is all amazing, and 1991 Unseen Power still has some 80s flair left to it - especially listen to the detailed drumming on that album! </endrant>
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+SE, TI-84+SE, TI-85, TI-89, TI-99/4A
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HP Portable Plus 110, Toshiba T3100, Toshiba T5200, GRiD 1660, TI-99/4A, Apple IIgs, and much more than I can list here

Yuki

Quote from: JosJuice on January 09, 2016, 04:10:15 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 09, 2016, 04:43:20 AM
Some cool hip hop music:

Oh my god, that song is so cool O.O

(Though a part of it might be that I tend to like songs more just because of the number of different languages they use :P)
Ah yeah, Highland is pretty good for a band, I like them.

Koto is another pretty good one.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

c4ooo

Iron maidon has some frikin powerful lyrics O.O  :'(

novenary

Quote from: kegwaan on January 12, 2016, 11:25:22 AM
I started listening to metal a few days ago. This is a pretty good song, not too heavy but not too light.

Yeah I like it. SOAD in general is pretty light neometal so it's easy to get into although it does sound pretty dark sometimes.

Quote from: c4ooo on January 15, 2016, 03:09:09 AM
Iron maidon has some frikin powerful lyrics O.O  :'(

Great album overall yeah, I love it.

That aside I'm apparently getting into death metal now, I'm digging Edge of Sanity. O.O

Also this.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I like some death metal as well, but only the melodic stuff. Dissection, Aeternam and Amon Amarth are examples of what I like, although Dissection is actually black metal, not death metal.

I also like that SOAD song too but I tend to not be as much into SOAD style for some reasons.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Araidia

• Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Dream of Omnimaga

That sounds a bit weird to be honest o.o

DarkestEx

I recently discovered "Carry On Wayward Son" from Kansas randomly watching TV.
Sounds pretty good.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Yuki

Quote from: Araidia on January 22, 2016, 02:41:10 PM
Just recently discovered this:

...okay what? o.o

Quote from: DarkestEx on January 23, 2016, 02:54:39 AM
I recently discovered "Carry On Wayward Son" from Kansas randomly watching TV.
Sounds pretty good.
Supernatural, amirite?

https://play.spotify.com/album/7d7fRQ47ClQgAnHRd70KxD

TIL Yelo Molo still exists. This ska group was pretty popular around 2000, I really liked them back then, then somehow went forgotten... but they're still somehow around. Kinda like Vilain Pingouin, I guess. They're making a big anime convention in Gatineau/Ottawa this weekend (although I heard they cancelled at the last minute after tonight's show), kinda wished I've been there but it's kinda too far for me... (Also DJ you'll probably like their cover of The Mysterious Cities of Gold :P)
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

novenary

Quote from: Unicorn on January 27, 2016, 05:51:43 AM

Gotta be safe out there...
Lol this.

Progressive death metal is awesome. Other bands I dig are Periphery and Meshuggah (though the latter is a lot less progressive).
Edge of Sanity also has some pure death metal stuff, some songs are even almost doom metal or on the opposite very close to power metal. I like diversity.

Jokeriske

i like linkin park or metallica, but also eminem or some hip hop songs