Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What are you listening to?

Started by Yuki, January 04, 2015, 09:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

You'd want to record straight from the sound console if you want some quality. Which is not exactly possible if you're just random guy who paid their ticket.

Edit:
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

SiphonicSugar

I played in a huge concert today as 1st chair percussionist.
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Streetwalrus on February 13, 2016, 07:46:00 PM
Well, there are pro live videos where they use quality equipment to film and record the show. A phone isn't really ideal for that especially since concerts are usually pretty loud.
Yeah, I doubt we will get access to those vids anytime soon, though :P. Maybe if a staff leaks the MP3/wav but that's it. :P

Also, this Jean Jacques Godlman song has flying toasters @Juju

EDIT: Also this sounds surprisingly good, for a cover of Celine Dion music: This band basically turned the song into power metal, which sounds funny but it actually sounds cool, even with French lyrics. I wonder if you would like that @Art_of_camelot and @Streetwalrus :

The only issue is that there isn't any solo.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

novenary

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 14, 2016, 06:06:15 AM
Also, this Jean Jacques Godlman song has flying toasters @Juju

Everybody run ! D: That aside, Goldman is pretty awesome. Nice song.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 14, 2016, 06:06:15 AM
EDIT: Also this sounds surprisingly good, for a cover of Celine Dion music: This band basically turned the song into power metal, which sounds funny but it actually sounds cool, even with French lyrics. I wonder if you would like that @Art_of_camelot and @Streetwalrus :

The only issue is that there isn't any solo.
Will check this out after lunch.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah normally I don't like that type of music but Goldman is quite nice to listen to from time to time. It usually depends of the song, too (some are just generic pop radio songs we heard in the late 80's or early 90's)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

I found this amazing track today:

Listened the whole extended edition. It just doesn't get old!
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

THis is a power metal band to check out if you like that genre. I stumbled upon it and thought it sounded awesome. It reminds me of Rhapsody of Fire a bit.

@aeTIos I saw that game for sale once for the Wii. I wonder if it's any good? The song is nice, by the way.

aetios

DJ, it looks very good. Can't say if it's any good, haven't played it yet.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Caleb Hansberry

This is a lovely song. I like to listen to it with the mindset that it's not of a religious theme.

The Winner Takes It All is also a moving and intriguing song.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+SE, TI-84+SE, TI-85, TI-89, TI-99/4A
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HP Portable Plus 110, Toshiba T3100, Toshiba T5200, GRiD 1660, TI-99/4A, Apple IIgs, and much more than I can list here

Scipi

So, uhh. I discovered Breakcore recently.

I feel like my mind is melting. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, Nspire, Nspire CX, Casio Prizm

bb010g

• Calculators owned: HP 50g, Prime, 28S, 35S, Casio Prizm, dead Nspire CX CAS

Yuki

That or some good ska. Did I said it's my favourite ska? I had this album when I was a kid and listened to it a lot.

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Dat Gloryhammer song:

I like that build-up around 2 minutes or so. It's kinda scary, though. ALso the chorus reminds me of "La Porte du Soleil" :P

@Scipi I remember breakcore from when I frequented happy hardcore forums and TIMGUL. I wasn't that much into it since I prefered the faster stuff, but the effects and sounds in it reminds me of 90's gabber.

Caleb Hansberry

I listened to that Gloryhammer song DJ posted and think it's fairly awesome.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+SE, TI-84+SE, TI-85, TI-89, TI-99/4A
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HP Portable Plus 110, Toshiba T3100, Toshiba T5200, GRiD 1660, TI-99/4A, Apple IIgs, and much more than I can list here

Yuki

This one is pretty cool, it's a cover of the Pokémon anime's first opening by Coeur de Pirate.

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN