Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

SmileBASIC

Started by Yuki, January 05, 2017, 12:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

AKA Petit Computer, but on the 3DS. Guess I should make a thread about that.

Anyway, I'm making a little GUI with this. Mouse support and there's a start of a start menu. Nice.

(pic is a bit blurry, sorry)
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

p2

wait, what?
you're porting the windows98 OS to a nintendo 3DS?  :ninja:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

This reminds me that one NES port of Windows 98 :P

Nice to see you 3DS dev. I remember calc84maniac did lots of it
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

Why lol ?
Especially why since you can actually run the realz win95 on a 3DS ?
Challenging yourself at Basic never leads to good things, believe me, i tried it lol

good luck tho
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

I actually like the project, even if it's not useful lol, because it somewhat looks like the real thing and it's more to show off and for kicks :P (like the NES ROM). I hope it has more features (and bugs, even if fake, such as "If RandInt(0,999)=0:Then:Goto BSOD:End" on every key input) than the NES ROM, though :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Yeah, remember when I did that in PICO-8, it had quite a lot of features like some sort of multitasking and the fact it can figure out which one the top window is. SmileBASIC has slightly more features, so it should work slightly better.

Speaking of which, I have a Nintendo dev account, so I can actually port some games and sell them on the eShop if I want.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

gameblabla

Quote from: Juju on January 05, 2017, 04:59:58 AM
Speaking of which, I have a Nintendo dev account, so I can actually port some games and sell them on the eShop if I want.
you actually have an official nintendo account ?
port oms to the threedeesex please
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Yuki

Quote from: gameblabla on January 05, 2017, 05:07:35 AM
Quote from: Juju on January 05, 2017, 04:59:58 AM
you actually have an official nintendo account ?
port oms to the threedeesex please
yeeees. Once I figure out how.

On another note, I made a Brainc interpreter dubbed SMILEBF. (No cs given here, just in case the SmileBasic company doesn't approve of it. (See what I did there?))

Kinda similar to the original BF except:
  • Load and save your BF program in the editor in slot 3 (configurable)
  • 32768 16-bit cells, allowing it to output the entire UTF-16 range (configurable)
  • , waits for one character
  • , replaces 13 for 10, for convenience
  • Comes with 3 example programs (that may or may not work)
  • HELLO.BF: Simple hello world.
  • ECHO.BF: Echoes whatever you write until you hit ENTER
  • ROT13.BF: Uh, this one is not working, probably because of EOF behavior not implemented in the , command.
  • If you find any quirk or bug, just tell me ^_^
    Download the project with its public key: P33K4PRP
    then try it:

LOAD"SMILEBF
    LOAD"PRG3:HELLO.BF
    RUN
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice juju. This makes me really curious about what are the graphical capabilities of SmileBasic, in terms of resolution, color depth, palette, etc. Maybe I could do a mockup of what Opossum Massage Simulator could look like.

Yuki

400x240 top screen, 320x240 bottom screen, 24-bit colors, well, it's pretty interesting.

http://smilebasic.com/en/spec/
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN