Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[funny] Why good spelling is important (NSFW)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, March 11, 2015, 09:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

This is more meant as a joke topic, but since on the Internet many people use Google translate due to being unable to read English, this is why it is best to do an effort to spell properly and if possible, use good grammar or try to avoid omitting words. It doesn't have to be perfect, and we all know the mistakes that Google Translate itself can do, but here are some examples of what poor spelling can lead to: :P

QuoteGood English spelling: Anybody who use good grammar gets higher respect from everybody and nobody will look upon somebody for this.
French Google translate: Quiconque utilise une bonne grammaire devient plus grand respect de tout le monde et personne ne va regarder quelqu'un pour cela.

Wrong English spelling: Anypony who use good grammar gets higher respect from everypony and nopony will look upon somepony for this.
French Google translate: Anypony qui utilisent la grammaire devient plus grand respect de everypony et nopony se penchera sur somepony pour cela.
Almost sounds like adult MLP fanfic material :P

QuoteGood English spelling:The quick brown lion jumps over the lazy dog
French Google translate: Le lion brun rapide saute sur le chien paresseux.

Wrong English spelling: The qwick brown lion jumps ovah the lazy dog
French Google translate: Le lion brun Qwick saute OVAH le chien paresseux
For strange reasons, Google Translate doesn't want to translate The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog, which is why I replaced fox with lion. But yes, don't wonder why I labeled this topic as NSFW :P . If manually translated back to English, this implies that the lion did... ahem... special things with the dog.

QuoteGood English spelling: I have spent three hours over the Pacific.
French Google translate: Je ai passé trois heures sur le Pacifique.

Wrong English spelling: I have spent three hours over the pacifier
French Google translate: Je ai passé trois heures sur la sucette
In this case, sucette can either be interpreted as lollipop, pacifier or (more likely) blow job.

QuoteGood English spelling: Look at my broken clock. It spins like mad.
French Google translate: Regardez mon horloge brisée. Il tourne comme un fou.

Wrong English spelling: Look my broken c. Spin like made man.
French Google translate: Regardez ma bite cassé. Spin comme l'homme fait.
Manually translates back to something bordering on material from that one shock site that shall not be named.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Much spelling, very grammar, wow

(doge approves)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

I don't want to know what doge material translates to in Google :P

Also my game ROL2 had terrible English since it was translated in 2003, but I couldn't find much funny Google Translate stuff like above in it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

The Google or Bing translation of posts made via the Kindle must be a disaster O.O

princetonlion.tibd

What tapatalk shows this topic as takes all the seriousness about bad spelling away :P

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait what? O.O

I guess it's somewhat relevant, though. :P

princetonlion.tibd

I think it's because cumred posted the doge picture and it was the first picture in the thread which I think is what Tapatalk displays
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

So I just translated Ghost 'N' Goblins ending with Google Translate and the result is kinda NSFW O.O

Quote from: BeforeCongraturation this story is happy end. Thank you. Being the wise and courageour knight that you are you feel strong (had to fix that word) welling. In your body. Return to starting point. Challenge again!

After (spoiler):
[spoiler]Félicitation cette histoire est heureuse fin. Merci. Être le chevalier sage et courageuse que vous êtes vous sentez fort jaillissement. Dans votre corps. Retour au point de départ. Défi à nouveau![/spoiler]

Not that the game is necessarily SFW in the first place, though. I mean, during the intro you see a knight doing adult stuff with the princess in a cemetery. O.O