You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

OSExt, extending the TI-Nspire OS (currently alpha)

Previous topic - Next topic

b/Calculator Development publicado por u/nspiredev500 October 26, 2019, 06:52:58 PM
This is a small project I started mainly for myself, but I thought other people could use, too.
At this stage it's just a miniclock (NClock's miniclock doesn't seem to work on OS 4.5) on the top right corner and a way to disable usb transfers (so other people can't mess with your files).
Planned are a desktop, a shell, and a login manager (so people can't just edit the files directly on calc).
You can leave Suggestions as a github issue (or here) if you want.
Currently only for OS 4.5 CAS and non-CAS, CAS tested on real hardware.
Leave an issue at github (or here) if you want a version for another OS version.
https://github.com/nspiredev500/OSExt

I hope it's usefull for someone

Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 08:26:54 PM by nspiredev500
Inicia sesión o crea una cuenta para dejar un comentario
u/nspiredev500 November 03, 2019, 08:14:38 PM
UPDATE:
I finished the settings and security modules. Now you can decide if you want navnet on or off, and you can set a password for your calculator.
Be carefull not to brick you calculator by forgetting your password.
If you set OSExt as a startup programm I recommend moving it out if you have a programm that loads ndless at boot-time and you don't plan to use your calc for a long time, so it isn't protected anymore.
If you want do reset your settings. use another programm that lets you navigate the filesystem and delete /OSExt_config.conf.tns .
(PS: is this the correct way to do an update or should I edit my post?)
u/Dream of Omnimaga November 05, 2019, 06:24:39 PM
Heya and welcome here. Unfortunately I no longer have a TI-Nspire CX so I will not be able to try this on the real calculator, but indeed this is the correct way to post updates (after 24 hours it's fine to bump the topic)
Start a Discussion

b/Calculator Development

Showcase your newest TI, Casio, HP, Numworks or Sharp calculator projects here, discuss programming and share or browse user tutorials!

Topics
Explore Board
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators