Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Natural disasters!

Started by alexgt, May 02, 2015, 06:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

lol, does anyone know about that 2000? year old church near turckey that has withstood hundreds of quakes on that fault line?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Wow... thats pretty impressive O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

I would want to live in that old church
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on May 08, 2015, 08:39:43 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 07, 2015, 07:18:37 PM
Yeah this is why the new Quebec City arena had hundreds of concrete or steel pillars inserted underground because the ground was similar and while shockwaves travel harder in there, buildings are less resistant on it. There is higher chances of soil movement as well I guess.
Isn't normally done on homes? I mean where i live they also slam pillars in the ground, but only when they're building a house or something on it. Since im in The Netherlands the ground is quite soft and we use the pillars to reach the harder sand layers :)
In Quebec they sometimes do it on larger buildings too, depending of the soil underneath. If I recall correctly, this, along with the fact they can't do much during Winter due to frozen ground, is why the arena took a while before it really started coming out of the ground.

Also regarding Nepal, they apparently got hit by another large Earthquake today! O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

I heard it was a 7.4 magnitude O.o TRippy!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???