Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Olympics 2016

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, August 05, 2016, 10:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Don't you mean the 1st and 2nd positions? Because there is a 30 seconds+ difference there O.O

EDIT: Nevermind that's 0.30 seconds lol, but still, very far ahead compared to others.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Well, I mean, 3 of the women arrived within one hundredth of a second and two of them shared the bronze medal. And the 5th arrived 0.04s later.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Unicorn

So canadas in the top ten medal standings, and hopefully rising!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Yuki

Yeah, the games just began, anything can happen. Canada isn't as good at summer games as it is at winter games, but it still does have a competitively good team in most sports. The bronze medal in rugby is quite of a surprise, though, but again, that's a new sport as of this year.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

So far our medal counts is increasing steadily. We rarely have gold medals during the SUmmer games but hopefully we have some this year.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

Well I'm glad Canada now has some gold medals (not a lot but still good to see). We got obliterated at women basketball, though >.<

Yuki

2 gold, 2 silver, 6 bronze so far, all women, not bad.

Also this triple tie o.o http://olympics.cbc.ca/swimming/event/men-100m-butterfly/index.html
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Hopefully we can reach 20 medals. Also I wouldn't go to Rio because there is so much crime apparently. To think in Canada some people can leave their doors unlocked for the day and not run into any troubles. I don't take any chances so I lock mine but I never heard anyone mess with my door so...

Dream of Omnimaga

Darn, Andre De Grasse arrived 2nd behind Usain Bolt at the 200m! O.O

Also Canadian record?

Yuki

He also arrived 3rd at the 100m. Guess he'll win us some good gold and records after Bolt retires. His peak, when he could do a sub-9.6 is well behind him, and de Grasse is still young, it's his first games iirc, so I bet he can easily tackle the records of Canadian legends such as Bruny Surin and Donovan Bailey set 20 years ago. Then 20 years later, get a job at CBC. Anyway, now he did well at Rio, pretty sure he'll do even better at Tokyo.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

At least we got more medals than the last 20 years and tied our current count with Atlanta 1996. Far lower than USA, for example, but not bad for Canada considering we're a Winter country. Not only that but according to Wikipedia, the only time Canada won more than 22 medals at the Summer Olympics was in Los Angeles in 1984 with 44 medals.

Yuki

We're a rather small country compared to USA and China, but we have a pretty good sports program and we're still able to send a big delegation comparable to some of the bigger countries. Not bad for a 35 million inhabitants country.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 24, 2016, 07:00:32 AM
the only time Canada won more than 22 medals at the Summer Olympics was in Los Angeles in 1984 with 44 medals.
That was the boycott of the Eastern Bloc, without the Communists to compete, guess Canada had a better chance. Same for the previous games in Moscow, Soviet Russia and East Germany got most of the medals because most of the other countries (including Canada) weren't there, or if they were, they competed under the Olympic Flag.

Anyway, yeah, it's true Canada is better at Winter Games, there's far less events there but we win more medals. We totally owned at Vancouver 2010 :P
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Well, when you host the games (I lost), you want yourcountry to make a good showing, so they increase budget for athletes and training facilities.

Yuki

Of course, although Canada was the only host country who never got any gold medals at their own games. Guess we made it up in Vancouver with the most gold ever won in one edition of the Winter Games.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah true. I also remember we got none in 2008 or so >.<

Anyway now I hope zika virus won't spread worldwide. >.<