Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Happy Holidays! What did you get?

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, December 25, 2015, 08:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

America can be weird at times with thier laws x.x
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Yuki

Yeah, it's not a joke. As far as I know, Kinder Surprise eggs are illegal in the United States because there's a risk kids (and not kids) will accidentally try to eat the toy inside and choke.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Sorunome

Quote from: Streetwalrus on December 27, 2016, 06:25:50 PM
I thought it was a joke.
Then I'm sorry to inform you that my post wasn't a joke ;)
  • Calculators owned: Too many (why are you even reading this?)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Gamebuino!
This is a signature.
And now......give me an internet!

To be or not to be.........is that even a question? Who gets to decide this anyways?

Dream of Omnimaga

@Streetwalrus in USA and Canada, it just takes 1 fatal injury report that involves a lawsuit before something gets banned. Happened with many toys too. Toys that were deemed safe if safety instructions got followed, yet one person got injured or died and now the toy is banned. Thankfully in Canada it seems more lax, though, otherwise Nerf guns would have been banned ages ago or restricted to adult usage.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 27, 2016, 05:27:49 PM
America can be weird at times with thier laws x.x
not just america...
* p2 remembers the "weird laws in your country" topic ^^
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

novenary

p2

• Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah, GEMA is one of the worst thing for musicians in Germany. I bet some artists refuse to publish their work there just because of it, kinda like our stupid contest laws in Quebec. For ages I always saw thing such as "Contest available to all US and Canadian participants above 18 (excluding Quebec)", and I thought companies just had something against French people, and many others who are unaware of our contest laws think that this is intended to be some form of bigotry and that it is as bad as if for example Nintendo posted "Contest available to all White, non-Muslim US and Canadian residents above 18". It's only when doing a bunch of Google searches about why we're always excluded that it's our overly restrictive contest laws that makes it extremely difficult for companies to organize contests in Quebec. Thankfully, this only applies to lottery-based contests, not skill-based ones, so for example, a TI programming contest would be fine. Otherwise, for a lottery-based contest, a French copy of the rules must be provided and if the winner is in Quebec, we must pay the equivalent of 10% of the total contest prize value as a tax to "Régie des Alcools, des Courses et des Jeux" (Alcoholic Beverage, Race Betting and Gambling Agency)

Back on topic, I didn't get much, because like @aeTIos , we don't really do the gift thing anymore in my family. Because there aren't really kids around anymore and the fact most gifts ended up being gift cards, we figured that we would be better off just focusing on spending time together more and going to the restaurant on New Year Day.

aetios

Quote from: Streetwalrus on December 29, 2016, 01:28:47 PM
>GEMA
Nuff said. :P

GEMA actually had to unblock a lot of videos a while back due to some decision in the EU court IIRC. So that's nice.
ceci n'est pas une signature

novenary

If only the youtube blockade was the only thing GEMA is responsible for... they're just plain thieves.

p2

cancer of the modern music industry...

Sorunome

GEMA and youtube actually came to an agreement a few months ago so they don't block stuff on yt anymore :3
  • Calculators owned: Too many (why are you even reading this?)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Gamebuino!
This is a signature.
And now......give me an internet!

To be or not to be.........is that even a question? Who gets to decide this anyways?

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here