Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What instruments do you play/have you played?

Started by Vijfhoek, December 06, 2014, 11:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Streetwalrus on January 06, 2015, 08:43:58 AM
Live over hcwp ? That would be hard to sync up lol.
Indeed, due to the lag lol. Maybe it could work with slower songs, though, or if we know the users have a good internet connection. :P

The best way really, though, would be like what some MaxCoderz members wanted to do in 2005: One band member records his part, then send the sound files to the others. Then another band member records his instruments on top of the other track and so on, until every track is recorded. However this process can take quite a while.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Performing live over hcwp would be something to do.

Also I play a lot of DJ's songs on my guitar sometimes, it's doable.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

novenary

Hmm. So I got a Gibson Les Paul. It's a pretty awesome guitar, I started learning to play. Hopefully in a few weeks I can play some simple songs. :D

Also aeTIos restrung an old acoustic and is learning to play too. And he finally convinced himself he needs a stratocaster. :P

aetios

strat.. strat... need strat *.*
Kidding aside i started playing guitar too indeed, it's pretty cool. And I need a strat, did I say that yet?

Besides street you should get quicker with learning x) you're still just practicing your strumming while I'm already practicing chord progression :P
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Streetwalrus on January 21, 2015, 10:51:41 AM
Hmm. So I got a Gibson Les Paul. It's a pretty awesome guitar, I started learning to play. Hopefully in a few weeks I can play some simple songs. :D

Also aeTIos restrung an old acoustic and is learning to play too. And he finally convinced himself he needs a stratocaster. :P
Awesome. :D If you can access a computer with a line-in you should post some recordings of how it sounds like :)

I'M also checking guitar prices at various stores. They say somewhere to avoid spending under $100 on a guitar if you are starting up but want to get serious about it and higher is much better for sound, but not necessary if you are on a tight budget. However, I am in Canada and brick and mortar stores here usually charges much more for their stuff, so I would say $200. There are also stores selling used musical instruments nearby.

As for department stores and big boxes this is an example of how they would charge: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/guitars/29338.aspx?path=2e026388340bcbe9f4c3a35ef12eabb5en01

I saw this: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/squier-fender-squier-bullet-stratocaster-electric-guitar-black-310005506/10140097.aspx?path=bbf055c3f10d3ae7e23cf5fbb44f852den02

Not sure if it's cheaper than specialized stores, becuase I know for specialized stores (eg Sony store) they usually charges three times more money for the exact same electronic, so maybe it's the same with guitars? I'll need to shop if I ever get serious about learning guitar (most likely not this year) x.x
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Actually my amp has a USB port to configure effects (built in DSP nom) and to record audio.

Dream of Omnimaga

That is cool. I wonder if the sound is realistic like with the real stuff?

Also fun fact: You can generate sound from your electric guitar (or maybe it's the amp?) using a TI-83+ calculator. O.O
http://www.omnimaga.org/other-calculator-discussion-and-news/alternative-to-the-am-radio-trick/

It can be an alternative to the AM radio trick or having to buy an adapter to fit speakers/headphones inside the I/O port.

novenary

It's really good quality.

Also I think it's the guitar itself. The pickups might be sensitive to low level logic. I guess it depends on the pickup type too.

aetios

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 21, 2015, 04:30:52 PM
That is cool. I wonder if the sound is realistic like with the real stuff?

Also fun fact: You can generate sound from your electric guitar (or maybe it's the amp?) using a TI-83+ calculator. O.O
http://www.omnimaga.org/other-calculator-discussion-and-news/alternative-to-the-am-radio-trick/

It can be an alternative to the AM radio trick or having to buy an adapter to fit speakers/headphones inside the I/O port.
Well, actually the pickups translate the vibrations of the strings into signals which are then processed by the amp to create sound.

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah ok. I thought it just simulated the sound of the guitar.

aetios

No, it doesn't. If you don't set anything on the amp it just outputs the vibrations on the input.

James Oldiges

novenary

Hmmm if that's the case then I'm quite good at playing the keyboard. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

And in my case Music 2000/Generator :P

I should load some Music 2000 samples in my keyboard (if I figure out how to)

Yuki

No Skrillex, a macbook is not an instrument.

Also yeah that would be possible, isn't there some guy who loaded all the samples in FL Studio?

Also I restarting playing some piano. Or tried to. I want to play some music from Touhou. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here