Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[News] Axe Wiki Opens!

Started by pimathbrainiac, May 18, 2015, 06:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I don't think he uses IIS, I was just trolling a bit on my way, nothing mean. :p
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh ok phew. Because after the many issues Omni had with service pack upgrades and reboots in early 2012, I was gonna say: Didn't they learn from that? Not that it's that bad to use IIS, but it seemed less reliable from what I could see in the past compared to Linux-based OSes. On top of that, Soru is a Linux fan so I was kinda surprised lol.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Btw i haven't recieved a approvation e-mail yet...
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

pimathbrainiac

I'll prod Sorunome about that. He's the only one who can do that atm based on usergroup <_<
Well, I'm bach here too!

Sorunome

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 18, 2015, 07:11:34 PM
I like the initiative. Just please make sure that this time, it's on a stable host, though. Reuben Quest wiki had plenty of downtimes and lag a few months ago, same for Omni (including their 40 hours of downtime), and Juju's 57o9/Julosoft servers used to be even worse to the point where they vanished with the original Axe wiki on them.

Also good move to require account approval. The original Axe Wiki hosted by juju was overran by bots.
The reason for reubenquest wiki being offline back then was me not noticing i broke the nginx config for that, I usually pay attention to the stuff I host, though.
As Juju said, it is currently sitting on a dedicated server with overkill hardware, so don't expect any downtime. I still need to set up automated backups again, though. Imma do that now.

Also, I thought pimath had the right to approve members, i just looked through the queue, though.
  • Calculators owned: Too many (why are you even reading this?)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Gamebuino!
This is a signature.
And now......give me an internet!

To be or not to be.........is that even a question? Who gets to decide this anyways?

Snektron

Ah great :) I'll write something on it soon :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Sorunome on May 26, 2015, 02:26:55 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 18, 2015, 07:11:34 PM
I like the initiative. Just please make sure that this time, it's on a stable host, though. Reuben Quest wiki had plenty of downtimes and lag a few months ago, same for Omni (including their 40 hours of downtime), and Juju's 57o9/Julosoft servers used to be even worse to the point where they vanished with the original Axe wiki on them.

Also good move to require account approval. The original Axe Wiki hosted by juju was overran by bots.
The reason for reubenquest wiki being offline back then was me not noticing i broke the nginx config for that, I usually pay attention to the stuff I host, though.
As Juju said, it is currently sitting on a dedicated server with overkill hardware, so don't expect any downtime. I still need to set up automated backups again, though. Imma do that now.

Also, I thought pimath had the right to approve members, i just looked through the queue, though.
Ah ok good to hear. You should setup some notifications for when something on the server is offline, if that's possible.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U