Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Online C compiler for the TI-84 Plus CE / TI-83 Premium CE

Started by Adriweb, September 30, 2015, 10:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriweb

Well, they apparently don't say where their servers are, but I suppose at least in Europe, Asia and NA.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

novenary

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh, I thought CDN refered to "CanaDiaN" :P

Also question: Will the C compiler remain free? Because I think I recall somebody suggesting the possibility of premium TI-Planet membership features being added to the compiler once it's 100% complete. I hope that essential development features won't be part of that :(
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Adriweb

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 19, 2015, 02:53:35 AMWill the C compiler remain free? Because I think I recall somebody suggesting the possibility of premium TI-Planet membership features being added to the compiler once it's 100% complete. I hope that essential development features won't be part of that :(
Yes, it will be free. The non-TI-Planet related parts will even be open-source.
The fact that I mentioned the real-time multi-user feature may be for premium only is because Firebase is free only for projects that are relatively small (max 100 simultaneous connections). If our thing gains enough attention, it may simply not work anymore because of many people using it thus going over the limit. So... that's the reasoning behind it. We'll see how it goes, I guess.
But nothing is set in stone yet anyway.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah I see now. That sucks. I hope that it isn't too expensive to run either if more than 100 people decide to use it. You could always put a warning that to make math programs the user should consider using TI-BASIC instead for the time being, so that game programmers won't get shut out by 100 quadratic solver programmers or something.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Adriweb

One thing I'll also do is to disable by default the multi-user feature anyway, and the person using it will have to enable it first (and, like Google Docs, I'll try to make it so that you decide with who you share it), so at least we won't use the connections while it's only a one-person code/project.
The next tier for unlimited connections would be $49/month, so nope.

Anyway, the premium things on TI-Planet are when there's potentially availability/money-related issues involved, it's not as if we liked restricting features for no reason :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh wait, since it's 100 connections and not 100 people total who can use it total for life, then I guess you might be safe. I doubt there will be that many people using it at once (except maybe in June during the BAC?)

Adriweb

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 19, 2015, 03:46:51 AMOh wait, since it's 100 connections and not 100 people total who can use it total for life, then I guess you might be safe. I doubt there will be that many people using it at once.
Well, at first, probably not. But then again, I don't know how popular it can get eventually. Also the database will have to be flushed from time to time (because that as well isn't unlimited) - so for the same reason, we could have some way of only permanently saving premium things. Well I don't know yet, I haven't really given it much though yet.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 19, 2015, 03:46:51 AM(except maybe in June during the BAC?)
I doubt the noob-wave during the BAC will be interested in making C programs :P But it might increase temporarily with some being just curious.

Dream of Omnimaga

Perhaps the only way to not get flushed after a certain period of time without Premium privileges could be to make front page news or something?

Adriweb

Some more updates recently :

(times relative to earlier today)
  • Cleanup + better user list CSS (adriweb committed 19 hours ago)
  • Redirect after login (adriweb committed 21 hours ago)
  • Updated builders (new proj ID regex compatibility) (adriweb committed 21 hours ago)
  • userID, userName, userAvatar from phpBB. (adriweb committed a day ago)
  • types.h => stdint.h (with include guard) (adriweb committed 7 days ago)
  • More stdbool.h fixes (adriweb committed 7 days ago)
  • Apparently fix the 7-letter max in convhex (=> 8 max) (adriweb committed 8 days ago)
  • Better template.c regarding headers etc. (adriweb committed 8 days ago)
  • Uncommented the startup part in CE.h (adriweb committed 8 days ago)
  • Fix stdbool.h according to the standard (adriweb committed 8 days ago)
  • Fix missing setjmp header extension. (adriweb committed 8 days ago)
  • Better includes ; updated template (adriweb committed 9 days ago)
  • lowercase include filenames (adriweb committed 9 days ago)
  • Cleaned-up the ZILOG folder

Also, tonight I've coded something quite useful:
  • Cmd/Ctrl+Mouseover on a variable/fonction : tooltip showing the definition of the thing in question
  • Cmd/Ctrl+click sur une variable/fonction : jump to the thing's definition
Quite useful for functions parameters too.

Screenshot of the mouseover thing :

(originally posted here and on the post above it)

Snektron

Cool! Is it already publicly available or do we have to wait? :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Lionel Debroux

I'll answer with a question: have there been any front page news about this compiler being public on the three major sites of the community ? :)

Before general opening, some important server-side backend stuff remains to be done.
The parts of the compiler which are not specific to the TI-Planet infrastructure will be open-sourced.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

Adriweb

Indeed, there are still several important items on the TODO list... But be patient, hopefully things will get done ASAP (which is hard because I have other pressing matters at the same time)

Scipi

• Calculators owned: TI-83+, Nspire, Nspire CX, Casio Prizm

Dream of Omnimaga

A wild @Scipi appeared! O.O

By the way do you program in C normally? You could probably port some of your old games to the 84+CE :P

Also great update @Adriweb :)

@Lionel Debroux This topic was flagged as front-page news when it got started, but there wasn't another news afterwards.