Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Walrus Kingdom (former PocketWalrus) [PC] [Windows] [Java] [Walrus]

Started by p2, September 21, 2016, 09:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p2

aaaalright girls

As some of u know I'll now spend another year in school (and clases are just as borign as always) soooo I can now spend a loooot of time on this game  :thumbsup:
(buuut the wifi isn't working yet in school, so I can't browse on CW)  :'(

Soo let me introduce you:

v0.4.9 The Library
whic hwas basically the last post.. I added the library building...  :)
plus I ced up the folder names again, doing 1-word changes to ALL files  <_< (I hate you github)

0.4.10 The Event Fix
- I fixed bus in the event map plus added more event messages (1 more, weeew)

0.4.11 The Menu's perfection
- fixed last bugs in menu
- optimized rendering a bit further

*some weird commit*
I managed to merge my single branch project with itself, cing everything up again (seriously, I spent 2 hours fixing this!!)*

0.5.0 The Polishment
- Added more logging messages
- added timestamps to logs
- introduced a little bit of caching to speed up the game
- got rid of a lot of unnecessary function calls (moar speed)
- Added preloading for most resources
sooo I now actually have 1-2 seconds of loading tie in the beginning, but almost none during the game

0.5.1 Window Fix
- removed initial bottom bordr bug (caused by ultiplatform support, for both osx and windows)

aaaaand *tamdamdamdam*  :w00t:

0.6.0 The Woodcutter
- added runtime changes to the map
- added interaction key A
- Walrii can now cut down trees
- Surrounding trees will be fixed (tiles adapted)
- adapted log methods
the idea behind this is, that once Walrii finds the almighty axe (yes, btw, I did ask for the permission to use both the name and logo of axe parser) walrii can cut down trees.
But as I have two sorts of trees, Walrii can only cut down one of them so there will still be borders on the map you cannot pass.
But cutting down soe of them makes it possible for me to lead the player on his trip through the map(s) as they "expand" in all directions  :thumbsup:

yeah, class is REALLY boring sometimes... whis was only 7 days of school  9_9

I can hopefully provide screenshots later (I still have no animations or anything donw for the woodcutting, the trees just disappear...)
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

p2

next stop is an actual savegame.
I need it to save changes to the map even through teleportation (don't want all maps in ram all the time) as well as for the actual save/load function.
But since I can't get the stupid streams to work I'll progably have to look through my old docs from java classes >.<

planning on adding more live to the world, probably animals and permanently animated tiles
I was thinking about using the rabbit tiles from "Siedler II" but I guess I'll never get their permit for that >.<
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)