Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

How the CW Monthly Project Award will work

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, June 30, 2016, 05:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

So I thought I should clarify some stuff about the CodeWalrus Monthly Project Award that starts tomorrow night. Here is how it will work:

1-Basically, once June is over, a poll will be posted on the forums and front page, with a news article listing all active projects this month.

2-In the poll, you will check boxes for your 5 favorite projects or projects that you find the most worthy.

3-The number of projects you can select in your vote will vary on per-month basis, depending of how many active projects there were. For June, there are 28 so far.

4-The project with the highest score will win the June 2016 (or later months) Project Award.

5-Once a project won, it cannot win again until next year.

6-All projects compete against each others, regardless of the platform and language.

7-At the end of the year,  each monthly winner competes against each other in a final poll.

8-You need 20 posts in order to vote.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask below :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

ordelore

Is this limited to programming topics? If not, I might be motivated to work more on my story.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+SE, TI_Nspire CX
Calc Wars is still alive (I hope)

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah, it's for programming/software-related projects. Of course, RPG Maker stuff or the like is allowed too, but if we ever have an awards/competition for art (story/drawing/music) then it would be separate
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Sounds good! Sot he programs must be made in the month the award is in and does it have to be posted about on CodeWalrus?

... Its july now :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Yuki

Yes. Basically we take every software project that has a topic on CodeWalrus that was active in a particular month and we make a poll so you can vote for the best one.

First one will be for June, we'll post the poll real soon.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Unicorn

Awesome! Will you be awarding walrii points for if?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Unicorn on July 01, 2016, 06:22:50 PM
Sounds good! Sot he programs must be made in the month the award is in and does it have to be posted about on CodeWalrus?

... Its july now :P
The program doesn't have to be completed, but progress must be posted on CW forums during the month the award is in.