Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Firebird - New TI-Nspire emulator

Started by Vogtinator, June 05, 2015, 01:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vogtinator

No, it's based on an Nvidia Tegra 2 (armv7).
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspie CX CAS, Casio FX-85ES

novenary

Ah ok. Tegra 2 is slow as hell, I bet even my nexus 4 would run it better.

Vogtinator

Then please try it and measure the boot time of 3.1 CX CAS for comparision :P

novenary

I'm kinda bored, let's do this.

Lionel Debroux

QuoteEven Doors CSE 8.2 and PreOS would be possible in HP PPL
Not quite; most of their functionality (hooks, crash protection, general filesystem access, etc.) needs lower-level access :)
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Lionel Debroux on June 10, 2015, 05:16:26 AM
Not quite; most of their functionality (hooks, crash protection, general filesystem access, etc.) needs lower-level access :)
Oh I know, but they could probably be emulated to a certain extent to make the HP PPL shell behave similarily on the surface. For example, we can launch any program of your choice and get the program list in HP PPL (as demonstrated by S.I.F.S project at http://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=476.0 ) and from what I can gather, we can run sub-routines from other programs. It wouldn't be direct memory access per se, but someone who is not familiar with HP PPL would probably mistake the shell as an ASM/C program at first.

It might be best to continue that discussion in the SIFS thread, though, or preferably a new topic. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Would it actually be possible to run a full z80 emulator on the prime? O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 10, 2015, 02:23:48 PM
Would it actually be possible to run a full z80 emulator on the prime? O.O
Not with HP PPL :(

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 10, 2015, 05:35:26 AM
Quote from: Lionel Debroux on June 10, 2015, 05:16:26 AM
Oh I know, but they could probably be emulated to a certain extent to make the HP PPL shell behave similarily on the surface. For example, we can launch any program of your choice and get the program list in HP PPL (as demonstrated by S.I.F.S project at http://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=476.0 ) and from what I can gather, we can run sub-routines from other programs. It wouldn't be direct memory access per se, but someone who is not familiar with HP PPL would probably mistake the shell as an ASM/C program at first.

It might be best to continue that discussion in the SIFS thread, though, or preferably a new topic. :P

you could run subs from with in a program from another program that are not exported but it would be best if they were exported for ease of use. What I do with the shell is look for EXPORT then look for () and then you have the code you need to run the program :) (usually) it wouldn't work on programs that have exported subs before the main function (although I think the source runs the first exported function so that may not be a large issue) and also programs that have arguments (it would be possible but I am still working on detecting if they are EXPORTED vars or not :P)

All in all it could be possible but it is and would be limited

Also we can move this to HP Programming help :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Legimet

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 05, 2015, 02:51:53 PM
Oh :P. I was checking Google for Qt and it was returning results for Quicktime Player. <_< Not that I would mind having to install Quicktime on my computer, but I bet it would take like 10-90% of my Nexus 5 disk space alone, so that would be a big no.
When I google Qt, Quicktime isn't even on the first page :P

Unicorn

Canadien brower? :P Or is DJ an apple maniac? O.o
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

-florian66-

Oh nice a new emulator it's great :D

Vogtinator

New release!
New features:

• New Mobile UI, to be usable on Android and iOS devices
  • Improved ARM JIT to be fast enough even on slower CPUs
  • Firebird-send script added (not on windows): Send files programatically
  • Various bugs and other annoyances fixed

Download on GitHub: Firebird

Videos of the Mobile UI in action:

alexgt

Awesome! To bad I can't try out the Android version :(
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Extremely awesome! I doubt I can run the IOS version on account of the iPhone being sooo old. :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Vogtinator

Everything with iOS 5.0 or newer (iPhone 3GS and later) is supported!