Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Creations By SuperSample☆ (Formerly known as ::CMG (UTOPIA):: )

Started by ::CMG (UTOPIA)::, July 07, 2016, 04:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

::CMG (UTOPIA)::

**UPDATED 02/24/2017**

**Follow me on BandCamp for all my available & upcoming albums**

List of available albums are in the spoiler

[spoiler]

Song List:

• Chamelot In Trance
  • Doomsday Computer
  • Doomsday Computer (Free Of Viruses Mix)
  • Doomsday Computer (Search & Destroy The Spybots)
  • Feel Good Party (Take It Higher)
  • Frosty Ice Cavern
  • Futuristic Funk (The Tough Mission)
  • Hollywood BLVD (Nightlife)
  • Hollywood BLVD (Superstar Remix)
  • Mecha Ironworks (Radical Mix)
  • Mecha Ironworks (Raindance Mix)
  • Mecha Ironworks (Metropolis Mix)
  • New Phase
  • New Sunset (Mellow Moonlight Mix)
  • New Sunset (Digital Dusk Mix)
  • New Sunset (Artic Aurora Mix)
  • Safari Cliffhanger
  • Skyscape Fantasy
  • Swiss Alps
  • Tombstone Terror
Song List:

• TSUTOPIAMUSH (Part 01 - The Invasion)
  • TSUTOPIAMUSH (Part 02 - The Retaliation Plan)
  • TSUTOPIAMUSH (Part 03 - The War)
  • TSUTOPIAMUSH (Part 04 - The Victory)
Song List:

• 22Dunk (Trippin On E)
  • .59 (Sonar Dance Remix)
  • Dr. Love (Instrumental Disco)
  • DXY! (Cruisin' Sunset Remix)
  • Era (Journey Through Time Mix)
  • Headache (Xtreme Migraine Mix)
  • Max 300 (Dreaming About Arrows)
  • Patsenner (Thugs In The Fog)
  • Perfect Free (Big Jimmy Plays The Organs Mix)
  • Rugged Ash (The Champaign Room)
  • Salamander (Organized House)
  • Special Energy (Tight Technical Tune)
  • Switch (From Day To Night)
Song List:

• Organ City (Chicago Club Mix)
  • Organ City (Chill Castle Mix)
  • Organ City (Ladie's Night At The Dance Club Mix)
  • Organ City (Hammy-Down House)
  • Organ City (Jungle Popper Jam)
  • Organ City (GEMS Mix)
Song List:

• Aromatherapy (Makes Good Vibrations)
  • Cloud Cruiser
  • Cloud Cruiser (Hurricane Mix)
  • Digital Disaster
  • Digital Race
  • Hard Robotic Trance
  • Hypnotic Dream
  • Insanity (Dance To The Music)
  • Modern Thoughts
  • Rainforest Adventure
  • Secret Temple (Discover The Wonders)
  • Superjet
Song List:

• Alien Invasion Dance Party
  • Bloody Tears (Dance The Night Away Remix)
  • Dash Against Space Horrors
  • Galactic Night Club
  • Goonies Underground (Cave Of Skops Mix)
  • Graveyard Disco At The Addams' House
  • Sea Monster Dance-Off
  • Silius (Journey To Paradise Remix)
  • Spaceship Cruise (Latin Jungle Mix)
  • Surf City (Under The Lighthouse Mix)
  • Supersonic Cheetahs
  • The Goonies' Almighty Adventure
  • Victory Celebration At The Baseball Field
  • **BONUS TRACK** Mr. Game & Watch Bakes Cookies For Yoshi
Song List:

• Bust-A-Groove (Jam Packed Remix)
  • Dire Dire Docks (Supercharged Sailboat)
  • House 01 (Freddy's Psychotic Dance Party)
  • Ice Capped Dance Hall
  • Lava Reef Zone (Music 2000 Mix)
  • Lemmings Underground Party
  • NeoGeo Dream
  • Planet X (Snap, Crackle, & Pop From The Turn Table Extended Mix)
  • Stickers For Everyone
  • Technotris (Show Me Love With Music 2000 Mix)
  • Train Station Trance
  • Vectorman's Ocean Dance Party
Song List:

• [Loop] Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout Level 2 (GEMS Mix)
  • Crystal Castle (GEMS Mix)
  • [Loop] Dark Black Forest (GEMS Mix)
  • Elm Street (GEMS Mix)
  • [Loop] Mach Rider (GEMS Mix)
  • Metal Man (GEMS Mix)
  • [Loop] Rainy Savannah (GEMS Mix)
  • Star Force Boss Battle (Turn Me On With GEMS Mix)
  • [Loop] Tale Spin Boss Battle (GEMS Mix)
  • **BONUS TRACK** Wonderful Waves
Song List:

• Beeps & Blips
  • Constable's Country Canyon
  • Dirty Talk (H-Core Clip Clap Remix)
  • ESC (Complicated Connections)
  • Incoming Signal (Music 2000 Mix)
  • Love Me Harder (With Pink Roses Mix)
  • Mecha Ironworks (Hazardous Mix)
  • Negation (Hyperactive  Atom Mix)
  • Party Rock Anthem (High Ram Remix)
  • ZXZ (Zombie Xtermination Zone)
[/spoiler]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: What made you decide to get into making music?
A: I've always wanted to make my own dance/techno songs since i was a kid.  Growing up, I mostly listened to dance music on the radio (songs made by artists such as SNAP!, Culture Beat, Captain Hollywood Project, La Bouche, Livin Joy, etc...).

Q: How long have you been making music?
A: Since 2008.

Q: What program(s) do you use to make your music?
A: It's a combination of both MTV Music Generator & LMMS.

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow I didn't know you made that many albums @::CMG (UTOPIA):: , I thought your albums were just the first two and the one with Dirty Talk remixes on it. I'm gonna have a listen soon.  By the way, Tombstone Terror, Silius and the hcore clap Dirty Talk remix that sounded like 90s eurodance were my favorites from you.

:3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yea that was my mistake not updating the first post years ago on the other site(s).  By the time I learned about soundcloud, I just did all my uploads/updates on that, specially since everyone else seemed to have a SC account at the time.  Glad to hear you like some of my stuff  :) As soon as i finish the new album art for the other stuff i'll stick them on the first post

Dream of Omnimaga

Don't worry about it. On a side note, since your remixes are now so hard to find (I was lucky to have a copy of Dirty Talk (H-Core Clip Clap Remix).mp3 on my PC and I am listening to it in loop right now), have you ever tried doing the following trick to bypass Youtube filters and avoid your main account being shut down? What people usually do is that they speed up their songs by 2-3% (or maybe more? I forgot how high they need to be sped up) in a way that the pitch is increased slightly. You could also create a separate Google account that is not linked to your main one, other than via the recommended channels section.

If you make new albums or art make sure to bump this topic, though, because the forums don't notify users of edits :)

EDIT: Also one annoyance about Mediafire is that in order to download multiple files at once, we need to upgrade to a paid account.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 08, 2016, 01:12:51 AM
If you make new albums or art make sure to bump this topic, though, because the forums don't notify users of edits :)

EDIT: Also one annoyance about Mediafire is that in order to download multiple files at once, we need to upgrade to a paid account.

1, Defenitely will :) In fact i just finished the new album art & ID Tags for my 7th album so now it's up on the 1st post

2. Dang, didn't know that  :-\ well thats what the ZIP files are for i guess, lol.

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh wait, I didn't spot the zip files lol. My bad. Those seems to work. I didn't know Mediafire allowed files this large. Also backup your stuff in case Mediafire went the same route as Megaupload or Yoyogames sandbox.

Finally had time to do the new cover & ID tags for my 8th album "GEMS (The Green Album)".  This album is different than the rest as it is completely chiptune (except the last song, which is a bonus song that was made back when I started making music).  The instruments are from Wacky Worlds (Sega Genesis/Mega Drive) and are all from the Green Group (Drums, Bass, Synth, & Guitar).  The "GEMS" part represents the sound driver that was used in the console to produce those sounds (more info here).  First album completely made on LMMS.  Hope you enjoy.

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm I'll take a look and listen to it later. To be honest I didn't listen to the other albums (except what I downloaded in 2008-10) yet because I didn't notice at first that there were zip files of all songs and I didn't feel like spending hours downloading 100+ songs one by one (Mediafire doesn't allow downloading more than 1 file at a time, so your computer requires constant attention), but I'll download them soon. :)

New album on the first post (86.3 WCMG).  Songs 1, 2, & 7 are originals, the rest are remixes.  I'm almost done re-doing the rest of the album art & re-tagging the rest of my completed songs.  I've been in the works on a couple new albums...

• Foonmani - An album that remixes the songs from Foonmix by using samples from BMIIDX & DDR
  • GEMS (The Pink Album) - Basically a "jazzier" chiptune album (I.E. Wacky Worlds Jazz instruments)
  • An album that consists of nothing but PARANOiA remixes
  • An album that consists of mash-ups... new ones & re-done old ones
  • An album of remixed Knuckles Chaotix songs using MTV Music generator/Music 2000 instruments

Whenever I have the time to complete them I'll add them to the first post as well

Dream of Omnimaga

Does this one include Dirty Talk and some of your older covers Sega Genesis songs?

On a side note do you still use MTVMG on a regular basis? I also wonder if you ever found a workaround for the mono reverb?

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 09, 2016, 12:34:55 AM
Does this one include Dirty Talk and some of your older covers Sega Genesis songs?

On a side note do you still use MTVMG on a regular basis? I also wonder if you ever found a workaround for the mono reverb?

• Did you even look at the song list for the album I added?
  • What Sega Genesis songs are you talking about specifically?
  • I have no idea what you mean regarding the "mono reverb" thing

Dream of Omnimaga

For some reasons I missed the song from the list. Not sure why. My bad >.< (also weren't there multiple versions of it?)

By the way I listened to said album and enjoyed it :) (as well as the inclusion of Dirty Talk). As for the Sega Genesis song I mean Tombstone Terror and Jellyfish Club. Actually I don't even remember if they were remixes of Sega Genesis songs, but the sounds often sound similar. :P

By mono reverb, I mean that when you use the reverb feature in Music 2000 PC, Music 2002 and Digital Hitz Factory, it will sound mono, while in Music 2000 PS1, MTVMG2 and MTVMG3 it will sound stereo. To workaround this you have to change some note panning but I always felt that it was still not deep enough.

Do you think you could post a recording of "Trancer 44 KHz" riff from the PC version so I could compare with the PS1 version?

Also listening to Tsuopiamush again brought back old memories :)

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 10, 2016, 07:03:29 AM
For some reasons I missed the song from the list. Not sure why. My bad >.< (also weren't there multiple versions of it?)

By the way I listened to said album and enjoyed it :) (as well as the inclusion of Dirty Talk). As for the Sega Genesis song I mean Tombstone Terror and Jellyfish Club. Actually I don't even remember if they were remixes of Sega Genesis songs, but the sounds often sound similar. :P

By mono reverb, I mean that when you use the reverb feature in Music 2000 PC, Music 2002 and Digital Hitz Factory, it will sound mono, while in Music 2000 PS1, MTVMG2 and MTVMG3 it will sound stereo. To workaround this you have to change some note panning but I always felt that it was still not deep enough.

Do you think you could post a recording of "Trancer 44 KHz" riff from the PC version so I could compare with the PS1 version?

Also listening to Tsuopiamush again brought back old memories :)

No biggie, but yea just an FYI, I released Tombstone Terror a while ago (it's in my first album "Planet Utopia").  As for Jellyfish Club, it's going in my "GEMS (The Pink Album)" album, which will probably be released sometime this month at the pace i'm going. (I already got like 5-6 songs completed for the album)

Glad you like my stuff so far though  :) and yea when i get home, I'll record a sample of that and stick it as an attachment here.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I first heard Tombstone terror in 2008 or 09 I think.

I like your style overall. Btw TIMGUL is back online in read only mode (see CW front page)

Dream of Omnimaga

On a side note, since you often managed to make original songs sound much better by remixing them (for example, Wynter Gordon's Dirty Talk song, aside from the intro and chorus, is kinda mediocre IMHO, while your version is amazing), I wonder if you would be successful at making the following song sound good by remixing it? :trollface:

This is a Sega Genesis game, btw (homebrew, but apparently unnoficial repro cartriges exist)