Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Classroom Co-Op Pack

Started by ben_g, December 24, 2016, 09:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_g

About 3 years ago, My friend and me started programming multiplayer games for our 84+ calculators (mostly during classes, hence the name of this project  ;) ). This project has been worked on until this summer, then school became a lot harder so we decided to just release it since we won't be having enough time to work on this again.

The result of all that programming is the following:

A very fancy menu screen.

But wait, there's more. From that menu, you can launch 8 different games, and all of them can be played with multiple players. The games are: (in the same order as the screenshots) Oxo, Checkers, Align 4, Ludo, Mastermind, Battleships, 9 Men's Morris and Hangman.

I hope you and your friends will have fun with this!

You can download it here: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/468/46843.html

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow, those look great and polished. Glad to see new calc games coming out from you :)

Only one suggestion, though: Maybe add arrow icons to the side of the main menu so that people know that there are more games at the bottom of the list
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

ben_g

Great idea. I've added those icons and updated the menu screenshot of the first post. I'll update the download link as soon as the file gets approved on ticalc.

Ticalc apparently only accepts gif screenshots and a maximum of 4 per file, so I also made these animated screenshots that each show 2 games.

JWinslow23

Nice! These games all look amazing, and I can't wait to start playing some of these games with classmates. Also, it's wonderful to see some people are still releasing monochrome calc games.  :thumbsup:

p2

realli impressive O.O
Also I'm super happy to see some more geat games for the 83+/84+  :thumbsup:
By the way, is it asm programs or an app? (didnt try it out yet but I will). :)

great work!!  :love:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

ben_g

It's basically a combination of an app and appvars. Everything is written in Axe but because Axe only supports 1-page apps (so a maximum of 16kb), I store the rest of the 39479 bytes in appvars. No shell is needed to run it though spreading the code around in 4 separate files isn't a terribly elegant solution, but I couldn't really think of a better way to handle it. I've tried messing around with dissasemblers to try to recompile it into one multipage app (by first letting Axe compile each page as a seperate app), but I haven't been successful in those attempts.

The app does check for errors when attempting to run the appvars, so if one is missing then the games inside it won't launch, but the parts that are installed will still work correctly and nothing will crash.

p2

if it sounds stupid but it worls perfectly then it wasn'T stupid, just uncommon. Seriously, I love your programming style :D
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)