Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Help!!! TI-84+ ROM?

Started by Dudeman313, January 22, 2016, 09:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

I can't find a TI-84+ ROM anywhere! I need it to use with WabbitEmu. I can't find a TI-84+ Silver C ROM either. Can anyone get those to me, ASAP?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Ivoah

Quote from: Dudeman313 on January 22, 2016, 09:25:07 PM
I can't find a TI-84+ ROM anywhere! I need it to use with WabbitEmu. I can't find a TI-84+ Silver C ROM either. Can anyone get those to me, ASAP?

It's illegal to distribute ROMs as they contain copyrighted code from TI. If you have a TI-84+ or TI-84+ CSE you can easily dump one from your own calculator with this tool: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=977
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

DarkestEx

I can help you out :)
But you seem to have ripped the ROM yourself, so my help is no longer needed :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Yuki

Well, it seems since TI pulled off the updates from their site it can no longer download them, right? I guess you still can fetch the update files from TI-Planet.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

DarkestEx

Quote from: Juju on January 22, 2016, 10:34:55 PM
Well, it seems since TI pulled off the updates from their site it can no longer download them, right? I guess you still can fetch the update files from TI-Planet.
He managed to get it himself.

The updates are gone, really?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait, I thought the 84+ OS was back on TI website? I know that all old OSes were removed a few days ago then put back online, except the 84+CSE OS, but I was sure OS 2.55MP was back.

Anyway we can't give out ROMs, even via PM. We recommend dumping one from your calc. It's much easier now that it was back in the days anyway. I'm glad you got a ROM dump already, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Oh, they're back? Oh right, it was probably concerning older models, anyway, my bad. I saw a topic about that the other day and didn't checked since then.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dudeman313

• Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Lionel Debroux

Another way to dump the Flash memory of calculators from the TI-Z80, TI-eZ80 and TI-68k series is to use the ROM dumpers in TILP. Unlike rom8x-type programs, this approach doesn't interfere with the Flash memory's contents, and doesn't require post-processing on the computer side.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

SiphonicSugar

Wait, can't you just use the OS file from education.ti.com? That always works for me...
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Lionel Debroux

Depending on the emulator used, and the version thereof (some versions have been crippled...), running OS updates straight from TI's site can indeed work, thanks to BootFree.
From a user's POV, BootFree makes the emulation workflow of the TI-Z80 OS closer to the emulation workflow of AMS on the TI-68k series: AMS basically doesn't use the boot code, for standard usage.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.