Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What OS are you posting from?

Started by Dudeman313, January 25, 2016, 12:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What OS are you posting from?

Windows 10 or W10 mobile
Windows 9
Windows 8 or any other variation
Windows 7
Mac OS - LIKE A BOSS!!!
Android OS
iOS 5-9
Version of iOS below 5
BlueStacks
Virtual PC
Windows Vista
Windows Longhorn
Nokia PDA
My Calc... :P
Unmentioned
What's OS???
Linux
Windows Server

Dudeman313

I used to have Windows Vista, but now I have Windows 10! :) I love it.

I also don't think anyone has Windows 9 or Windows Longhorn. These were both in between builds that used to be in Microsoft's "Legacy Builds" menu, and are now removed. Longhorn came before Vista, but after XP.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

CVSoft

Longhorn: when you're so masochistic that you use something literally worse than Vista.

I have Windows 10 Pro on my laptop in addition to 7, XP, 2k, WS2008, and WS2012R2 (none of which are illegal copies O.O) . I did the beta since December 2014 and after I did the upgrade to the RTM it said it was activated. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Calculators owned: TI-73, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-84 Plus, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89 Titanium

Dudeman313

I used a version of the Insider Preview ('cause I'm an Insider XD) that you can upgrade to from Windows Vista and then upgraded to the Official Windows 10 Pro the day before the preview build's certificate expired.
The answer is "Sure."

SiphonicSugar

I don't know if they have already issued the update but Microsoft is or is about to start key-logging everything on Windows 10. They will send that information to Microsoft.
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

I use Windows 7 and Android. I saw no reason to upgrade from Windows 7 yet.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

DarkestEx

Right now I am posting from Android lollipop.
But I also have Windows XP, Windows 7 Pro, Windows 7 Starter, Windows 10 (2x), Xubuntu and Crunchbang++ (Debian based). I could also post from Raspbian, OpenWrt, Angstrôm, i2zffs and Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dudeman313

@DJ Omnimaga, you do know that If you leave your PC on Windows 7 and automatic updates is on, It'll upgrade BY ITSELF. One guy found this out when 6GB of data disappeared on his computer and turned out to be installation data. There were even all the different Cortana animations there.
The answer is "Sure."

DarkestEx

Quote from: SiphonicSugar on January 25, 2016, 03:43:54 AM
I don't know if they have already issued the update but Microsoft is or is about to start key-logging everything on Windows 10. They will send that information to Microsoft.
Nah, don't worry, they don't keylog in terms of actually stealing your passwords or identity, but they use it to improve Cortana. If you feel uncomfortable with that, just disable Cortana and the setting that collects the data.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

CVSoft

Quote from: SiphonicSugar on January 25, 2016, 03:43:54 AM
This behavior has been around since the Insider Preview. It's part of telemetry and not Cortana, but the option to disable it is presented as early as Windows setup. "Keylogger" is inaccurate, it's more of a "keyword-logger".
  • Calculators owned: TI-73, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-84 Plus, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89 Titanium

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Dudeman313 on January 25, 2016, 11:21:07 AM
@DJ Omnimaga, you do know that If you leave your PC on Windows 7 and automatic updates is on, It'll upgrade BY ITSELF. One guy found this out when 6GB of data disappeared on his computer and turned out to be installation data. There were even all the different Cortana animations there.
This is why you disable automatic updates.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 25, 2016, 05:28:33 PM
Quote from: Dudeman313 on January 25, 2016, 11:21:07 AM
This is why you disable automatic updates.
Personally I don't mind Windows 10. I do have one PC where I want to keep Windows 7 running so I simply uninstalled the update that downloads and installs Windows 10 and flagged it so that it doesn't ever get reinstalled. But I did upgrade my laptop and my tablet to Windows 10 and I like it.

Yuki

I did attempted to install Windows 10 on my Windows 7 laptop, the installation somehow failed. Then I installed Arch Linux.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

novenary

Arsch Linuks and CyanogenMod 13.0 (Android Marshmallow) here. I build the latter from source whenever I feel like it. :3
I also dual boot Windows 10 on my PC but don't tell anyone.

kegwaan

Mainly Windows 10, but occasionally from iOS 9
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."