Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CE] This Is The Only Level +CE

Started by JWinslow23, September 11, 2016, 10:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacobly

Just use the formula final_velocity2 = initial_velocity2 + 2*acceleration*(final_position - initial_position), so you have initial_velocity = sqrt(final_velocity2 - 2*acceleration*(final_position - initial_position)), or in your case, final_velocity = 0, so initial_velocity = sqrt(2*gravity*jump_height).

JWinslow23

Quote from: jacobly on September 26, 2016, 06:54:12 AM
Just use the formula final_velocity2 = initial_velocity2 + 2*acceleration*(final_position - initial_position), so you have initial_velocity = sqrt(final_velocity2 - 2*acceleration*(final_position - initial_position)), or in your case, final_velocity = 0, so initial_velocity = sqrt(2*gravity*jump_height).
Thank you so much! I knew I was off by a factor of 2. Which reminds me...

Should release when I'm back from vacation, on the 27th.

JWinslow23

Download here. No screenie because my computer is crap; can someone else record it up to and including Stage 12?

Perhaps an overhaul of the left-right movement system is needed. To me, it feels a little slow.

critor

Thanks for the colorful update ! ;)

Here is the level 1 stages 1-12 playthrough :

Dream of Omnimaga

I really need to download this as soon as possible to try it. :) Looks awesome, as always :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

JWinslow23

No more work on the game for right now, because my computer's battery can no longer hold or even take a charge. Will rectify as soon as possible, but until then, play these stages!

Dudeman313

Oh! You did decide to work on a CE version! That's awesome. I love it, but I don't have a calc anymore. Maybe next year, when I skip my sophomore year and start 11th grade and take Algebra II.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

JWinslow23

Quote from: Dudeman313 on October 14, 2016, 12:32:50 AM
Oh! You did decide to work on a CE version! That's awesome. I love it, but I don't have a calc anymore. Maybe next year, when I skip my sophomore year and start 11th grade and take Algebra II.
Nice, hopefully this gets sorted out. In the meantime, emulate it. The game is almost halfway done anyways, with 12 stages out of 30.

Also, if you're wondering where this project went, it is still on indefinite hold. I've been looking all over for a good replacement computer. Hopefully I can find one. Be assured, though, that once I do, I'll get a jump on finishing as soon as possible!

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah that explains why you were gone. I hope your new computer don't take as long to arrive as it took for @SiphonicSugar . I remember when I had no internet access in 2007 and near the end my interests were starting to shift as I found new hobbies (which is what I fear that happened with Siphonic) D:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

JWinslow23

Bump.

I've decided to start this project up again! I have a new computer, which is better than what I had. As promised, I'm seeing this through to the end now.

17 stages (technically only 16, but 17 uses default options) are implemented. Download here!

p2

erm..
is this an announcement you'll create the porgram now?
Or is this the announcement "I did it"? ???
(I'm not sure, I cant run the files as I dont have a CE)
In both cases: yaaay  :thumbsup:
glad to hear // nice ^^
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

JWinslow23

Quote from: p2 on December 06, 2016, 09:33:45 PM
erm..
is this an announcement you'll create the porgram now?
Or is this the announcement "I did it"? ???
(I'm not sure, I cant run the files as I dont have a CE)
In both cases: yaaay  :thumbsup:
glad to hear // nice ^^
I had created some of the program, but stopped because my computer crashed. I am resuming that process now that I have a computer again, and I've already implemented 5 more stages, as well as savegames and some bugfixes.

I updated the download link, too; check the first post for a download. :)

Oh, and go check out CEmu for a CE emulator. It's the first and only, so be sure to check it out!

JWinslow23

Bump.

New version! Now with Collapse!

No screenie because CEmu will not cooperate no matter how many times I throw things at it.

Do color references have to be from a palette? I want to have my green be #define-d in my code, not depend on a picture I don't use.

p4nix

Sad that you have no eye-candy. Is there a way to turn the current tiles into more colorful sprites, so the graphics might look even better? If you have all those colors why dont use them :P
Otherwise, I really like the concept of your game although I can't play it due to the lack of the appropiate calculator!
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome that is updated.  As for CEmu you should post in the CEmu thread and ask for help. Make sure you got the latest version and latest.