Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[ti-84+ce] Crystann or the Diamond Dungeon - platformer for the TI-84 Plus CE

Started by critor, November 19, 2015, 10:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

critor

Quote from: Dudeman313 on February 28, 2016, 03:34:36 PMI think the sprites on the screen could be smaller, though. How do  you like my Jade Statuette? It has Pi on it for some strange reason. :blah:

I love it ! :D

I've just updated Crystann with the new opening screen on TI-Planet, and of course I've given you credit for this :
https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=353827

I've made the sprites smaller.

Here is some GIF which is far from being accurate. The animation is much nicer on the calculator.

Dream of Omnimaga

I like it Critor :D, especially the animation you added. It looks more polished :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Quote from: critor on March 02, 2016, 01:44:26 PM
Quote from: Dudeman313 on February 28, 2016, 03:34:36 PMI think the sprites on the screen could be smaller, though. How do  you like my Jade Statuette? It has Pi on it for some strange reason. :blah:

I love it ! :D

I've just updated Crystann with the new opening screen on TI-Planet, and of course I've given you credit for this :
https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=353827

I've made the sprites smaller.

Here is some GIF which is far from being accurate. The animation is much nicer on the calculator.

Thank you! I'll download it soon.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 02, 2016, 06:29:22 PM
I like it Critor :D, especially the animation you added. It looks more polished :)
Agreed.  ;)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

critor

Complete walkthrough of the original game in a little more than 20 minutes, if it helps : ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDwEZ0vIn_I

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

On a side note, is it me or this game reminds me of Cave Story?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

That depends on what Cave Story is. :P

EDIT
I don't know why I just noticed this now, but Crystann does not save your game
after you exit. I find this annoying sometimes, especially if I manage to get far.
Will I have to try to beat it in one play through?
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

A save feature would definitively be nice, unless it's there already and you missed it in the readme. But of course it depends if the lack of a save feature is part of the challenge. Some NES games, such as Ghost and Goblins, had no save feature and had limited continues. The challenge was to complete the game in one sitting, but generally, the rule of thumb in game design is to include a save option if the game takes longer than an hour to complete by an expert.

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."