Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[ti-84+ce] Mandragore - Tilemap-based game for the CE, made in C

Started by Adriweb, October 18, 2015, 11:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

• Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I like those big maps :D. Also I beat the game a while ago. As mentiones before, an RPG using that map would be nice. It would be like an enhanced version of Mandragore.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 05, 2016, 06:43:39 PM
I like those big maps :D. Also I beat the game a while ago. As mentiones before, an RPG using that map would be nice. It would be like an enhanced version of Mandragore.
I think so too, but to make it an RPG, maybe you might be able to actually enter and explore the towns that have actual buildings, and maybe scale the overall map down and add side quests....I have the best ideas for these things..... :blah:
The answer is "Sure."

critor

It hasn't been newsed about yet, but you can clone the Mandragore project on TI-Planet, and rebuild it online. :)
https://tiplanet.org/pb/?id=2043_1456696956_3aafc2954b

So it's quite easy to customize the game as you want starting from this working project.

Code is under GPL, so feel free to learn and create ! :D

Adriweb

(warning: the toolchain is going to be updated soon, so a few things will have to change - well especially for upcoming programs)
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dudeman313

Quote from: critor on March 05, 2016, 07:00:44 PM
It hasn't been newsed about yet, but you can clone the Mandragore project on TI-Planet, and rebuild it online. :)
https://tiplanet.org/pb/?id=2043_1456696956_3aafc2954b

So it's quite easy to customize the game as you want starting from this working project.

Code is under GPL, so feel free to learn and create ! :D
Oh, okay. What's GPL?
And must I make a TI-Planet account to clone it? I don't have a Facebook, and as I don't know French, I
really don't spend much time there, except to look thru the CE archives.
Quote from: Adriweb on March 05, 2016, 07:02:16 PM
(warning: the toolchain is going to be updated soon, so a few things will have to change - well especially for upcoming programs)
That's good to know.  :)
The answer is "Sure."

critor

The TI-Planet interface should be shown to you in english, if your browser reports your prefered langage is not french.
If not, add &lang=en at the end of the url.

Yes, you'll have to register, as the cloned project needs to be linked to an account.

GPL is a widely used free software license, granting you the right to run, study, share, and modify the source code.

Adriweb

At some point, I'll see about non-logged-in access, but that will have less features because things cannot be linked to an account (for saving etc.)
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice news Critor. As for my idea, it would not necessarily require new maps for villages, as it could simply be like Illusiat 6 through 12, where villages are just a menu letting you go to the inn, shop, sometimes talk to one or two NPC in there and exit. Some NPC's could give you keys and stuff to access new dungeons after you completed the others. Dungeons would obviously be new maps. Battles would just be like Dragon Warrior (after all, the world map looks very similar to Dragon Warrior)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."