Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-83+/84+] Lazer 2 [axe]

Started by c4ooo, September 08, 2015, 12:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4ooo

I use DSC to bypass the 8KB limit  ;)
If i try running a game >8KB using Asm(), i get an ERROR:INVALID message.
I have not worked on the game this week, but i will figure something out soon :)
BTW the version currently up for download does not require doors as it has no editor and is only about 7KB.

Dream of Omnimaga

Have you gotten any luck with Fullrene? https://www.omnimaga.org/ti-z80-calculator-projects/fullrene/msg293560/#msg293560

From what I recall, this will allow your game to run from any shell and even the Asm() command. Backup first, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

c4ooo

There has not been any progress for a long time.  :( I had neither time and motivation. The project is not dead however, but will be worked along side on Super Walrii Land 8x+ when i finish the contest :) The file editing was finished, but my whole file system is hodge poge :( Thats why for my cotnest entry, Super Walrii Land 8x+, the first thing i am making is a proper file system :P

alexgt

I wish you the best of luck ;)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Generally, it's always good to write used variables, lists, sub-programs and routines down in notepad as you progress and plan before starting the project, to make it easier for you to not get lost in your own code. Good luck, though. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

Bump: On a side note @c4ooo I was looking at the first screenshot again now and noticed two things:

-In the menu, "CANCEL" is spelled wrong (you wrong "CANCIL") :P
-I just noticed the selection bars actually resizes automatically depending of how long the menu option text is. Nice touch actually :D

c4ooo

@DJ Omnimaga yep ^.^

I feal like lazer II was a failure despite all the work i put in :( I never actualy released the Level Editor update do to lack of demand, maybe i will some day... Also i think this game might get a PC port some time. Or at least a full fledged RPG that contains these laser puzzles. But that's looking a year into the future...

Dream of Omnimaga

THis is because color calcs took over in terms of popularity. Even the Nspire CX was partly taken over by the 84+CE, especially the non-CAS model. Don't lose hope over this, though. On PC you would have the same problem because there are so many PC games out there that it's hard to find the more obscure ones. Also a level editor would be nice. :3=

On a side note, was Lazer 1 pure-BASIC? Because if it doesn't have too many diagonals to display, then maybe it could be adapted for CE Textlib, just for kicks? :P

c4ooo

Lazer I was pure basic. All drawing was done with Line/Text BTW.
Also if you remember, i was porting Lazer I to CE but suffered an OS corruption :(

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah I forgot that you lost the game D:

I hope you eventually redo it, though. I was tempted to do it because there was no more sign of life from your CE port, but I am more likely to port my BASIC Galaxian clone to CE Textlib first.

Dudeman313

And I realized that reading that message can cause you to lose the game. D:
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

c4ooo

DJ: i would defiantly let you port it if you keep it pure basic.
And if you follow mockups i create.
And if you keep my vision of the game.
And if ... (You get my point)

But yea, i will give it another try sometime. You said you had some ideas, what were they? Also i may rewrite the game from scratch. (But keep the same level format. The level file is a 5K block of code :P )

Also, can we please move to the Lazer I topic if we are going to talk about ports of Lazer I? :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Well, I was planning to make it hybrid so you can forget about a game port then. Sorry (plus I tend to not like when people boycott ASM libs like if they were the black plague anyway, which you seem to have done for a long while according to your many comments about them, especially xLIBC in the shoutbox in the past). It's your choice, though. I can always make a brand new game. As for my game I don't have specific ideas yet but it would definitively be in the same vein as Laser Mayem or stuff like that.

And yeah I agree that Lazer 1 discussion should be moved to a different topic. :P

c4ooo

I already said this on irc but i was in the middle of writing this so:

Theres no reason why the game cant run why the game cant be done in pure basic ;) I don't see a reason why the user should be required to have a library installed if its not needed.

There was other stuff i wanted to say but i sort of cut myself of on IRC >_>

Dream of Omnimaga

I wasn't saying that the game has to use a library. Just that if I made it myself I would use libraries, since that's what I prefer coding with. You should make it pure Basic if you prefer using that language.

Also it doesn't matter what the game was programmed in anyway and if it requires a lib (besides, all C games requires dependencies anyway), as long as the game is fun.