Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-83+/84+] Hero Core

Started by Keoni29, November 22, 2014, 11:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I see now, and yeah I usually try to avoid linking there (at least until somewhere in early December when we start being less careful :P) or any other big site for now, since they tend to check their logs a lot. I don't mind using img.ourl.ca though, now that I know that only Soru is in charge, because he is aware that there is a new site going on (he is against it, though).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

pimathbrainiac

And he won't help me set up post notifiers :P

Anyway, any more progress?
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

For post notifications we could always find some alternatives. Besides, juju setup OmnomIRC on two different forums before and he even modded it so that both forums use the same instance of OmnomIRC (same database even) simultaneously. I'm fairly sure that he might know how to setup a post notifier, else you can always either do it via a custom SMF mod like Netham did at first or via using the RSS feed (but it won't work until the site becomes visible to guests).

I might have an idea, though...
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Keoni29

I have not been able to do anything today because of school. I have most of the day off tomorrow, so expect some updates.
If you like my work, why not give me an internet?

Keoni29

I found out that the interrupts were causing the memory leak. I disabled them for now, but I will come back to that later. The newest test build is finally  here!

Run in DCS

What's new?
+ A huge 9x9 room world map to explore.
+ Collision checking for tiles in adjacent rooms prevents you from getting stuck in solid tiles that are in another room.
+ New tile system that allows for rapid expansion of the tile set
+ Added lots of new tiles + animated tiles
+ Added barriers (cannot be disabled yet)
+ Added doors (cannot be opened yet)
+ Added items (cannot be picked up yet)

+ Split up AI into modules, so new AI can be made by combining modules (example: Reaver = spew + drone)
+ New enemies! Blomb, Reaver
+ Enemies now face towards you

+ Sound can be enabled from the menu

+ Small graphics tweaks

* Tons of bugfixes

Be sure to let me know if you find any bugs!

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome! Gonna check this tonight. :D (if I don't crash in bed before you guys do). As for interrupts, any luck with interrupt-based music?

Keoni29

I released this build and went on to do some other things. I will continue to work on this game next week.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

No e work! I should install again till to test it!
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

novenary

Downloaded. I'm gonna load it on my calc today. :)

Keoni29

Version A3.1
Bug fixed: Cut ability sometimes does not work.
New feature: Reduced max number of enemies on screen south-east part of the world map (makes it a lot easier not to die all the time).

pimathbrainiac

Cool beans! I'll download when I find my mini USB cable!
Well, I'm bach here too!

novenary

OK so I messed with it for like 5 minutes and it seems to run great so far ! :D Great job Keoni.

I hope to match you awesomeness one day.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok I downloaded the new version now. Hopefully I am not too exhausted tomorrow and can try it.  :)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: Streetwalrus on November 30, 2014, 03:06:31 PM
OK so I messed with it for like 5 minutes and it seems to run great so far ! :D Great job Keoni.

I hope to match you awesomeness one day.

Why not giving a link to big gamen news sites? With a bit of luck that'll get too some spotlight!
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

That would probably be an idea to submit it there, although it probably depends of how popular Hero Core is, outside the community. The main selling point of this game outside the calculator community is the sound feature, so before submitting it anywhere it would help if the game was mostly finished and that the sound feature was pushed to its limit (eg music that has at least 2 channels or sounds like old Z80 computer games). Normally big sites only promote calc games that are technical achievements and in some rare cases, unexpected remakes of very popular franchises (eg XXR, SSB, Wolfeinstein, nDoom and Portal).

Also I doubt giving a link to big news site right now would be a good idea anyway, considering this site is invisible to guests. :P