Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CE] First Fantasy: Mana Force release [TI-84+CSE]

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, April 08, 2015, 03:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

That quite looks really weird. But i think a clear quite would be quite hard (well, i don't know the game code flow so i can't say for sure :P)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Nah there was no memory leak. Just that the RAM requirements were extremely high.

Clear quit wouldn't be that hard yo implement but since the key is so close to arrows, it could be pressed by accident like when coding, meaning I would have to implement confirming too. Not sure if using extra space for that is justified when ON can do it just fine like in most other games.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

If you do make clear to exit I would put a confirm dialogue to make sure that people don't accidentally press it instead of the arrow keys ( it happens to me a lot ).
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Unicorn

Make the quit key 5 or ENTER or something randon like that. Oooo I know,the cos( key!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Not so sure about that. People will forget easily because the most common keys to quit are ON, Clear, Del, Mode and on the Nspire Q or R. Even with the latter, people forget easily so they quit Nspire games by pressing the reset button on the back of the calc or by removing the battery.

One idea I had in mind was to make it the CLEAR key, but have a new options menu where you have to enable that quit feature.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

princetonlion.tibd

Good job DJ :D

I'm going to download and read the readme now
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

That reminds me, in the new readme I forgot to mention how much RAM you should have, but it still says you need all of it. However, the requirements are much lower now. Just make sure to not have like 100 archived files.

By the way @Unicorn did version 1.0.1 fix your memory problems during gameplay?

Unicorn

I coudn't get to a computer last night. To much HW. :(

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Aaah ok. Hopefully you can get through your homework without too much hassle.

Unicorn

Yeh, well after much anticipation, I left my calc at school.  I mean, who does that anymoar? :w00t: >:(

I am in teh clouds.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

I hope your school year isn't finished, resulting in no calc until september O.O

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

Indeed! I'm going bak to school today, so the calc will only have a 12 hour stay. It doesn't need to pay for room and board. :P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on April 10, 2015, 02:26:53 PM
Break in, i'd say. No calc left behind

THat's totally like me. Holidays? Vacations? Better bring all the calcs and battery chargers.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.