Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[ti-84+ce] SQRXZ for TI-84+CE

Started by JamesV, December 14, 2016, 01:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesV

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 09, 2017, 07:21:46 AM
Gonna download the world editor soon. Can levels made with it be played on the TI-83+ version if small enough?
With a little bit of messing around, yes. To be honest, I hadn't really considered that people might want to do that, which is a bit short sighted of me!

I don't think the TI-83+ version will detect appvars (although I could be wrong). But if the .8xv was converted to .8xp then it *should* work fine, with the exception of the author name possibly not centring on the world info screen.

Perhaps I should do a minor update to the editor to have the option to save worlds as either .8xv or .8xp files (and properly calculate the author name length)?

Also, thanks for the front page post!  :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I doubt the old versions will detect appvars, since appvars became mainstream only years after that game got ported to the 83+ (back then, the TI-83+ SDK was still paid so nobody made apps nor considered using appvars outside apps)

I guess allowing the user to save as 8xp could work, with a warning saying that while 8xp format will make the level 83+ compatible, it will clutter the PRGM menu.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U